2019 Suzuki V-Strom 1000XT First Look
When it comes to the budget-minded adventure tourer, there is no better value than the Suzuki V-Strom.
The motorcycle arrived on the market in 2002 as the V-Strom DL1000 (V meaning engine configuration; Strom German for “electricity”), and remained basically unchanged through 2013.
For 2014, Suzuki revamped the bike and simply renamed it the “V-Strom 1000.” Suzuki also added a 650 to the lineup in 2004, the smaller version appealing to an even wider range of riders. For 2018, the V-Strom 1000 got another overhaul that was highlighted by new electronics.
For 2019, Suzuki has solved many of these issues with a new addition to its V-Strom offerings – meet the 2019 Suzuki V-Strom 1000XT Adventure.
Following are the fast facts about Suzuki’s newest edition to its V-Storm lineup.
1. The 1000XT Adventure is basically a carry-over model that is loaded with factory accessories. These accessories include:
- Accessory Bar
- Center Stand
- Heated Grips
- 37-Liter ADV-Style Aluminum Panniers
2. The V-Strom 1000XT Adventure arrives with the proven liquid-cooled, 1037cc, 90-degree, V-twin that was updated for 2018. Suzuki says the engine, which is Euro4 compliant, produces 99 horsepower at 8000 rpm, and 74.5 ft/lbs of torque at 4000 rpm.
3. The electronics are led by a new five-axis Inertial Measurement Unit that ties into Motion Track Anti-Lock and Combined Brake System. This is and updated IMU compared to the three-axis unit featured on the 2018 V-Strom.
4. The 2019 V-Strom 1000XT also features a three-position traction control system. The setting are simple – High, Low and Off).
5. The Suzuki DR-Big styled fairing returns on the V-Strom 1000XT with its vertically stacked headlights and hand-adjustable windshield.
6. The 2019 V-Strom 1000XT Adventure is available in one color:
- Pearl Vigor Blue / Pearl Glacier White bodywork with blue, spoke style wheels.
7. Suzuki says the price for the V-Strom 1000XT Adventure is $14,599 (MSRP), $1,300 more than the base 1000XT. The bike is expected to land in North America dealerships January 2019.