2017 Honda Shadow Phantom
The sole Honda Shadow offering in 2017 is a good one—the Phantom. A compact chassis with a raked out front end and fat front tire, the Shadow Phantom is a easy-to-ride cruiser.
Handling is excellent in-town, where the 549-pound curb weight is appreciated, and it acquits itself nicely on weekend jaunts in the canyons.
The liquid-cooled 745cc V-twin is bulletproof, and puts out plenty of usable power. The blacked out look is aligned with current standards, but the Phantom has always been a dark horse.
Brakes and suspension are base-level, but never disappoint, and you’ll rarely find a more comfortable ride, unless you’re a large rider. Old schoolers will love the drum rear brake, but not the shaft drive.
Read our Honda Shadow Phantom Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2017 Honda Shadow Phantom Specs
- Type: 52-degree V-twin
- Displacement: 745cc
- Bore x stroke: 79.0 x 76.0mm
- Compression ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve train: SOHC; 3vpc
- Induction: PGM-FI w/ automatic enrichment; 34mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital w/ 3-D mapping; two spark plugs per cylinder
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Cooling: Liquid
- Final drive: Shaft
- Front suspension: Non-adjustable 41mm fork; 4.6 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Spring-preload adjustable shocks; 3.5 inches of travel
- Front tire: 120/90-17
- Rear tire: 160/80-15
- Front brake: 296mm disc w/ twin-piston caliper
- Rear brake: 180mm drum
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 64.6 inches
- Rake: 34º
- Trail: 6.3 inches
- Seat height: 25.8 inches
- Fuel capacity: 3.7 gallons
- EPA estimated fuel economy: 56 mpg
- Curb weight: 549 pounds
2017 Honda Shadow Phantom Color:
- Matte Black Metallic
2017 Honda Shadow Phantom Price: