2017 Honda CBR500R
TThe 2017 Honda CBR500R is a member of the CBR family, but it only has one R after the 500. That means it has a more relaxed seating position than its RR brothers.
That’s a good thing, as the friendly performance of the 471cc parallel twin doesn’t invite extreme riding. That’s not to say the CBR500R is not a enjoyable canyon bike—in the right hands it can be quite effective against larger machines on the tightest roads.
Regardless, the Honda CBR500R is more about being a motorcycle that welcomes newer riders to the sport fold, and gives them the high-performance look of a fully faired track-ready bike. Stick to the canyons and urban roads, though, as that’s what the CBR500R is all about.
Read our Honda CBR500R Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2017 Honda CBR500R Specs:
- Type: Parallel twin
- Displacement: 471cc
- Bore x stroke: 67.0 x 66.8mm
- Compression ratio: 10.7:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Valve train: DOHC, 4vpc
- Induction: PGM-FI w/ 34mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital transistorized w/ electronic advance
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Front suspension: 41mm fork; 4.3 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Linkage-assisted spring-preload adjustable shock; 4.7 inches of travel
- Front tire: 120/70×17
- Rear tire: 160/60×17
- Front brake: 320mm disc w/ twin-piston caliper
- Rear brake: 240mm disc w/ single-piston caliper
- ABS: Optional
- Wheelbase: 55.5 inches
- Rake: 25.5°
- Trail: 4.0 inches
- Seat height: 30.7 inches
- Fuel capacity: 4.4 gallons
- Curb weight: 423 pounds (standard); 428 pounds (ABS)
2017 Honda CBR5000R Colors:
- Black/Candy Orange
2017 Honda CBR500R Prices (MSRP):
- $6599 (standard)
- $6899 (ABS)