2017 Yamaha Star Bolt
A bobber-styled cruiser that can be enjoyed by new riders as well as those experienced on two-wheels, the 2017 Yamaha Star Bolt is a mid-size urban bike with plenty of capability.
Although most of the Yamaha Star Bolt is unchanged, it does get traditional wire-spoke wheels, in addition to a new flange-free gas tank for a cleaner look.
Returning is the torquey 58 cubic inch air-cooled V-twin that will get you around town with impressive authority. Thanks to a weight of just 540 pounds, the Yamaha Star Bolt is an agile machine that can work its way through traffic on urban streets, as well as on the highway.
The solo seat promotes a look of independence, while the low 27-inch seat means almost everyone can rest flat-footed at a red light. Suspension is decent, despite short travel in the rear, and the handling is fully predictable.
Read our Star Bolt Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2017 Star Bolt Specs:
- Motor: SOHC 4 vpc V-twin
- Bore x stroke: 85 x 83mm
- Displacement: 942cc (58 ci)
- Compression ratio: 9.0:1
- Cooling: Air
- Fuel delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final drive: Belt
- Front suspension: Telescopic forks, 4.7 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Dual shocks, 2.8 inches of travel
- Front and rear brakes: 298mm wave-type disc
- Front tire: 100/90-19
- Rear tire: 150/80-16
- L x W x H: 90.2 x 37.2 x 44.1 inches
- Seat height: 27.2 inches
- Wheelbase: 61.8 inches
- Rake: 29.0°
- Trail: 5.1 inches
- Ground clearance: 5.1 inches
- Fuel capacity: 3.4 gallons
- EPA estimated fuel economy: 51 mpg
- Wet weight: 542 pounds
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2017 Star Bolt Color:
2017 Star Bolt Price:
- $7999 MSRP
2017 Star Bolt Photo Gallery