Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak 100th Anniversary
Since the Ducati Multistrada 1200 began competing at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) in 2010, it has become the “King of the Mountain.” Riders like Carlin Dunne, Micky Dymond, Greg Tracy and Gary Trachy have all earned victories aboard Ducati’s Multistrada 1200 in the 1205 Division for larger-cc motorcycles.
Dunne still holds the record run up the Mountain that contains 156 corners and takes riders 12.42 miles to the 14,110-foot summit – a 9:52.819 (2012, Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak Edition). That was the first sub-10 minute run ever completed by a motorcycle.
Ducati released a Pikes Peak edition in 2011, which remains in the lineup to date. But just ahead of this year’s 100th running of the PPIHC, Ducati, which says the Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak is one of the most significant race bikes that represents Ducati North America’s racing heritage, has unveiled limited-edition Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak 100th Anniversary Replica Kits.
And limited edition means just that; only 400 Replica Kits are available with the purchase of any 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak, and are only available in North America. The best part? The Pikes Peak 100th Anniversary Replica Kit is provided free of charge to all current owners of the 2016 model, and is included with any new purchases, also free of charge.
Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak 100th Anniversary Replica Kit:
- Personalized Pikes Peak “100” Race Number Plate
- Motorcycle Fairing Partner Logos
- Numbered crank-case cover badge with Pikes Peak 100th Anniversary Logo
- Spider Grips PEAK grip specifically developed from the race program
- Pikes Peak Squadra Alpina Team Hat
- Pikes Peak Squadra Alpina Decal Pack
- History of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb advance release DVD
- Pikes Peak Squadra Alpina Team Glossy and Poster, signed by the team, all champions of the Mountain: Carlin Dunne, Micky Dymond, Gary Trachy and Greg Tracy.
The 2016 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak edition, which arrives with upgraded Ohlins suspension and Termignoni exhaust, is sold for $23,795. For additional information, visit Ducati USA.
Watch the Ducati Multistrada in Action!