2016 Yamaha WR250R | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
Rooted in the YZ250F motocrosser and off-roading WR250F, the street-legal Yamaha WR250R is highly sophisticated dirt worthy machine.
With fuel injection feeding a liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve single with titanium intake valves, the WR250R puts out nice, usable power. Power peaks at a staggering 10,000 rpm, so it helps to keep the bike on song.
Variable exhaust and intake valves make the most of the highly oversquare e-start engine. Not all motor, the WR250F has fully adjustable suspension, with an USD fork and linkage rear shock, and an aluminum frame. We have taken the WR250R on freeways and black-diamond single-track trails, and have great fun on both.
Read our Yamaha WR250R Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Yamaha WR250R Specs:
- Engine: Liquid cooled, 4-valve, DOHC 4-stroke
- Displacement: 249cc
- Bore x stroke: 77.0 x 53.6mm
- Compression ratio: 11.8:1
- Fuel delivery: EFI
- Ignition: TCI with direct ignition coil
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed w/ multiplate wet clutch
- Front suspension: Inverted fully adjustable forks, 10.6 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Single fully adjustable shock w/ linkage, 10.6 inches of travel
- Front brake: Hydraulic single 250mm disc
- Rear brake: Hydraulic single 230mm disc
- Front tire: Bridgestone Trail Wing TW301, 80/100-21
- Rear tire: Bridgestone Trail Wing TW302, 120/80-18
- Length x width x height: 85.6 x 31.9 x 48.4 inches
- Seat height: 36.6 inches
- Wheelbase: 55.9 inches
- Ground clearance: 11.8 inches
- Fuel capacity: 2.0 gallons
- EPA estimated fuel economy: 71 mpg
- Wet weight: 295 pounds
2016 Yamaha WR250R Color:
- Team Yamaha Blue/White
2016 Yamaha WR250R Price:
- MSRP – $6690