The Perfect Valentine’s Day Gift: Strafe Italy’s Best Roads and Drag a Knee on Mugello’s MotoGP Course.
Calling all sportbike addicts, track-day lovers and roadracers for a ride in Doctor Rossi’s neighborhood: now’s the time to request vacation in June for eight days and seven nights to explore everything from the Ducati Panigale’s factory birthplace to its ultimate testing grounds – the Mugello MotoGP circuit, home to nine of Valentino’s 108 Grand Prix victories.
Strafe apexes with Italian guides on hidden backroads and mountain passes throughout Central Italy. Experience the Tuscan countryside. Visit Rome, Siena and Bologna. Enjoy grand vistas, boutique hotels and amazing cuisine. No tourist traps. You’ll ride where the locals ride, eat where the local eat. See Ducati’s present and past, from today’s production line to its legendary museum.
Then, to top it off, live the MotoGP dream of dragging knee at a track you’ve only seen on television. Spend a day in the saddle of a Panigale 899 at the Ducati Riding Experience, the manufacturer’s official high-performance riding program, as championship-winning racers and other special guests teach lines and techniques that will improve your skills.
Tour Organizer Cat MacLeod says, “This tour has the authentic details we strive for and big experiences all motorcyclists dream about. We’ll rail 100s of curves while riding through the backdrop of a romance novel, so bring a date. For the riding couple, it’s the ultimate Valentine’s day gift.”
Leod Escapes is a motorcycle-tour operator based in San Francisco that offers unique value delivered with passionate service. It was founded on the principles of epic, hidden roads, safe, fun track time on legendary circuits, great food and plush pillows. The company’s 2015 schedule includes street-based adventures around California and the western U.S., as well as street-and-track-experience vacations in Australia, Europe and Thailand.
For more information, please visit LeodEscapes.com, call 866-562-6126 and keep up with them on Facebook.
Leod Escapes Italian Backroads Motorcycle Track & Tour Vacation Defining Features
- Dates: June 12 – 19, 2015
- Arrival/Departure City: Rome
- Duration: 8 days and 7 nights
- Curves: 8,385
- Miles: 100 – 250 per day
- Special Feature: Ducati Riding Experience track day at Mugello
- Special Feature: Ducati Riding Experience
- Special Feature: Ducati Museum Visit
- Cities and Regions: Rome, Tuscany, Bologna, Siena, Umbria, Emilia Romagna, Orvieto, Marche and Lazio
- Accommodations: 3-star and 4-star hotels
- Track-Day Weapon: Ducati Panigale 899
- Standard Street Bike Rentals: BMW F800, Moto Guzzi V7 or similar
- Optional Street Bike Rentals: Ducati Scrambler, Monster and Multistrada, wide range of BMWs and KTM 1190s
- Riding Skill Level: Prior track-day experience required
- Tour Price: From $4846 (solo) to $7639 (with passenger)
- Reservation Deadline: March 31st