Two historical venues were added to the 2015 AMA Pro Flat Track schedule, AMA Pro Racing announced Wednesday. The series will visit the Du Quoin Mile in Illinois, and the Indy Mile, and both venues are scheduled for July.
The Du Quoin Mile has been absent from the AMA Pro Flat Track schedule for nearly a decade. The last time was in 2005 when Chris Carr took his only win there before wrapping up his seventh and final championship-winning season
The Du Quoin Mile is slated for July 4, and one week later on July 11 the series heads to the Indy Mile at the Indiana State Fairgrounds on July 11.
Both events will feature the fastest dirt track motorcycle racers in the world competing aboard twin-cylinder machines in the premier GNC1 division, with the up-and-coming stars of the sport also showing their mettle on the twins in the GNC2 class. The two races, along with both stops at the Springfield Mile, make four GNC2 twins events in 2015, AMA Pro Racing says.
“With the announcement of both the Du Quoin Mile and the Indy Mile, we have taken another step toward creating the most exciting 2015 Grand National Championship possible for fans,” said Michael Gentry, Chief Operating Officer of AMA Pro Racing.
“Both events are steeped in history and have been known to feature some of the best racing on the calendar. Fans in the grandstands and those tuning in on FansChoice.tv can expect a great show.”
The two events, which are being promoted by the highly experienced and successful event promotion company Family Events, brings the 2015 schedule to 14 rounds, including five Mile events.
For tickets and additional information, please visit http://www.familyevents.com/.
Every race on the 2015 AMA Pro Flat Track schedule will be available to watch live free of charge and in high definition on FansChoice.tv.
2015 AMA Pro Flat Track Schedule | Confirmed Dates:
- March 12: DAYTONA Flat Track I, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- March 13: DAYTONA Flat Track II, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- May 24: Springfield Mile I, Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Ill.
- May 30: Sacramento Mile, Cal Expo Fairgrounds, Sacramento, Calif.
- June 20: Hagerstown Half-Mile, Hagerstown Speedway, Hagerstown, Md.
- June 27: Lima Half-Mile, Allen County Fairgrounds, Lima, Ohio
- July 4: Du Quoin Mile, Du Quoin State Fairgrounds, Du Quoin, Ill.
- July 11: Indy Mile, Indianapolis State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis, Ind.
- August 1: Castle Rock TT, Mt. St. Helens Motorcycle Club, Castle Rock, Wash.
- August 4: Black Hills Half-Mile, Black Hills Speedway, Rapid City, S.D.
- August 16: Peoria TT, PMC Race Park, Peoria, Ill.
- September 6: Springfield Mile II, Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Ill.
- October 3: Calistoga Half-Mile, Calistoga Speedway, Calistoga, Calif.
- October 10: Flat Track Season Finale, LA County Fairplex, Pomona, Calif.