2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S ERGO-FIT
With strong roots in the Ninja 650, the 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S is one sporty cruiser. The Vulcan S features a low-slung design combined with sportbike-derived handling and power from its 649cc parallel twin.
The Vulcan S also introduces something unique in the industry – an ERGO-FIT feature, which allows riders to buy a bike tailored to their height.
The Kawasaki ERGO-FIT design – highlighted in the video above – is available in three basic settings: extended reach for 6’1″ and over; mid reach for 5’7″ to 6’0″; and reduced reach for 5’6″ and under.
The extended- and mid reach versions both arrive with the three-position footpegs and handlebar adjusted for fit, but the extended-reach Vulcan S arrives with a seat with the hip support moved back an inch for more room. The mid-reach version arrives with a seat tapered at the front for ease of reaching the ground.
The reduced-reach Vulcan S features reduced-reach handlebar that is one-inch closer to the rider, along with repositioned controls. On this version, the seat is moved two-inches forward, and the footpegs one-inch toward the rider for added comfort.
All else is pure Vulcan S, which is highlighted by:
• Low cruiser design, narrow chassis and comfortable, tapered seat make it easy to reach the ground in stop-and-go city traffic
• Lightest motorcycle in its class, smooth suspension
• Standard ABS brakes (ABS model only) for greater confidence
• Cruiser appeal with modern Kawasaki power and handling
• Proven 649cc, parallel twin engine provides smooth power delivery
• Full range of Kawasaki Genuine Accessories to customize the motorcycle
For additional information on the Vulcan S featuring ERGO-FIT, which retails for $7,399 ABS/ $6,999 non-ABS, visit Kawasaki.com.