2015 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Ultra
Ahead of Sturgis Motorcycle Rally 2014, Harley-Davidson unveiled the 2015 Road Glide – a model that returned to the lineup after a one-year hiatus.
But just when things seemed to slow down, Harley released info on a few updated and new models for 2015, including the CVO Road Glide Ultra.
The standard Road Glide and Road Glide Special offer bold styling with comfortable touring, and the CVO Road Glide Ultra builds on this. It also arrives with more power due to its Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110, which produces 115 ft/lbs of torque.
Loaded with chrome and offered in three unique paint schemes, the CVO Road Glide Ultra features aesthetics typical of the upgraded Custom Vehicle Operations models. All else is typical of the Road Glide models.
First is the frame-mounted “sharknose” fairing, which was redesigned for 2015 with triple splitstream vents and a 13.5-inch touring windshield to eliminate the issue of head buffering. The fairing will also keep rider and passenger cooler; special air deflectors under the fairing create a cooling jet stream over the legs of rider and passenger.
Technology is another highlight of the CVO Road Glide Ultra. The new model features a color-matched inner fairing holds a color Touch screen Boom! Box 6.5 GT infotainment system with 3D GPS, 6.5-inch Boom! Bagger speakers with 75-watt-per channel amplification.
Other standard features include Dual Daymaker Reflector LED headlamps, Reflex Linked Brakes with ABS, One-Touch latches, stout 49mm forks, a 1.25-inch ergonomic handlebar, a dual-control heated seat, Mirror Chrome Slicer Custom wheels, Premium pull-out luggage, back-lit hand control and dash switches, and a high-output charging system.
The 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra is available for $39,649, and offered in three colors – Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire, Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon, and Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset.
Following are the highlights of the 2015 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Ultra:
- Screamin’ Eagle Twin-Cooled High Output Twin Cam 110 Granite powder-coated powertrain with 110 Screamin’ Eagle identifiers on cylinder heads
– 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission
– Hydraulic Assist & Slip clutch
– Electronic Cruise Control
– Low-maintenance belt drive
- Mirror Chrome Custom Slicer wheels with 90-degree valve stem
- Frame-mounted fairing with “Jet stream” fairing wind deflectors and NEW triple Splitstream vents
- 13.5-inch custom windshield and chrome trim
- 1.25-inch diameter chrome ergonomic handlebar
- Dual Daymaker Reflector LED Headlamp
- Color-matched inner fairing with dual storage compartments and Jukebox media compartment with USB connection
- Airflow Collection heated hand grips, brake pedal pad and shifter peg, rider and passenger floorboards, shifter and rear brake levers
- Dual-control heated seat with perforated leather pattern, Hammock style suspension system and re-shaped rider area
- Reflex Linked Brakes with ABS; floating open front brake rotors
- Ergonomic hand controls with intuitive design and improved tactile feel
- Boom! Box 6.5 GT audio system with GPS and touchscreen, Bluetooth capability, with 75-watt per channel amplifier and four Boom!™ Audio speakers, CB radio
- One-Touch access to the Tour-Pak, saddlebags, Jukebox, and fuel tank door permits latching and unlatching with a press or pull of a finger
- Rear LED stop, turn, and position lights located on the Tour-Pak
- Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Raised, “stadium-style” gauges with lighted tic band
- CVO Carryout Tour-Pak and saddlebag liners
- Power Locking System provides push-button locking feature for the Tour-Pak luggage, saddlebags and ignition
- Keyless ignition and the H-D Factory Security System
- Low 28.4-inch seat height