Sargent 5-Way Adjustable Backrest For Liquid-Cooled BMW R1200GS
Sargent Cycle Products has introduced a five-way-adjustable EM-5 backrest for BMW's new liquid-cooled R1200GS adventure motorcycle. Compatible with the stock rider's seat and soon-to-be-released Sargent World Sport Performance version, it offers riders perfect ergonomic positioning for maximum comfort on the bike.
The EM-5 moves up, down, forward and back on a unique mechanical joint. In addition, the back pad slides up and down on a dual-position mount, altering its angle and swivel characteristics.
The backrest is built with the same proprietary Super Cell Atomic Foam in Sargent's legendary World Sport Performance seats. Wider at top than bottom, tremendous support is achieved with the backrest's inverted shape. Its gently curved profile emulates the taper and curvature of a motorcyclist's back.
Tool-less, on-the-fly adjustment is fast and easy with Sargent's new Quick-Change Technology. Loosening the grippy external knobs--which can be done with a gloved hand--allows adjustments in every direction. Once the backrest is positioned, the knobs are tightened with a twist of the wrist to securely lock in place.
The backrest is wrapped in a UV-stablized, marine-grade vinyl that is durable, comfortable and maintenance-free.
The EM-5's pad comes standard in black, with extra-tough DTX textured insert material that is top-stitched to match OEM seats. Covers are also available in Sargent's signature CarbonFX insert material, which will look great with the soon-to-be-released World Sport seat options.
Sargent's EM-5 backrest is nearly universal, currently being fitted to most of the company's existing stainless-steel upright bars. Delivered assembled and ready to mount, the R12000GS backrest is supplied with an EM-5 control unit, stainless-steel mounting plate and support bar, meticulously engineered hardware and detailed installation instructions.
All Sargent seating products are backed with three levels of post-purchase protection. They're covered by a 1-year limited warranty to be free from defects in workmanship and materials. Backrests and seats ordered directly from Sargent come with a no-risk, 30-day money-back guarantee and an extended warranty at no extra cost. It protects foam and hardware for five years and covers for two years. The company's comprehensive aftercare program offers repair, reupholstering and refurbishing services for seats and backrests.
Sargent 5-Way Adjustable Backrest for 2013+ BMW R1200GS Defining Features:
- 5-way adjustable
- Backrest moves up, down, forward and back on a unique mechanical joint
- Pad slides up and down on a dual-position mount to alter its angle
- Gently curved profile emulates the taper and curvature of a motorcyclist's back
- Super Cell Atomic Foam suspension perfectly blended for durability, firmness and vibration absorption
- Waterproof, marine-grade, fade-resistant cover made from extra-tough, maintenance-free, black DTX material that is top-stitched to complement OEM seat covers
- Attractive CarbonFX insert material and color-coordinated welt are also available
- Stainless-steel mounting bracket and support bar
- Meticulously engineered hardware
- Detailed installation instructions
- Delivered assembled and ready to mount
- Money-back guarantee: 30 days
- Standard Warranty: One year on seats, backrests and seat-heating components
- Extended Seat Warranty: Foam and hardware five years; covers for two years
Sargent 5-Way Adjustable Backrest for 2013+ BMW R1200GS Retail Price:
- From $350
For additional information, visit SargentCycle.com.
Sargent's World Sport Performance seats fit more than 80 models of Aprilias, BMWs, Ducatis, Hondas, Kawasakis, Suzukis, Triumphs and Yamahas of all types: Sportbikes, standards, sport-tourers, dual-sport and adventure bikes.
Sargent Cycle Products builds the ultimate in distinctive, high-performance motorcycle seating products and upholstery. For more information on its entire line of replacement seats and related accessories, please visit SargentCycle.com, call 800-749-7328 (SEAT) or visit the company on Facebook.