X-Trail Marseille 2014 | Toni Bou Victorious Again
2014 Marseille France X-Trail World Championship Results
As he chases his eight consecutive X-Trial World Championship title, Repsol Montesa Honda’s Toni Bou was once again unstoppable in the second round of the series at Marseille Sports Palace in France.
Following a dominate final to Marseille’s X-Trail race, Bou achieved his 38th victory – his 23rd straight – out of 58 rounds he had competed in during the past eight years.
Joining him on the overall podium was GasGas’ Adam Raga and Sherco’s Albert Cabestany, respectively.
Speaking of the race, Repsol says Bou dominated the three phases of the Indoor Trial, scoring 5 points in the qualifying and 1 in the semi-final. The final results were already settled in the first of the four areas of the final, where the rider from Piera received 3 points –one of them for excessive time– while the rest of the riders found the area impossible.”
The X-Trial World Championship now heads to Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona, Spain, for round three February 9.
Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda Trails) says: “In Marseille we saw again that this year the final with four areas and with the score back to zero are very close.
“Here we found very technical zones and a rival, Adam (Raga) that made things difficult to me until the last moment. In such complicated areas, I felt very good on the bike and that is very important as well as the 13-point advantage, because it is a very short Championship.”
2014 Marseille X-Trail Results:
1. Toni Bou Repsol Montesa Honda 4 points
2. Adam Raga Gas Gas 6 points
3. Albert Cabestany Sherco 11 points
4. James Dabill Beta 12 points
5. Jeroni Fajardo Beta 15 points
6. Takahisa Fujinami Repsol Montesa Honda 16 points
2014 X-Trial World Championship Point Standings:
1. Toni Bou Repsol Montesa Honda 40 points
2. Albert Cabestany Sherco 27 points
3. Adam Raga Gas Gas 21 points
4. Jeroni Fajardo Beta 18 points
5. James Dabill Beta 14 points
6. Takahisa Fujinami Repsol Montesa Honda 14 points