2014 Indian Chieftain Photos/Images/Wallpaper/Specs
At 2013 Sturigs Motorcycle Rally – the undisputed larger stateside gathering for the cruiser crowd – Indian Motorcycle unveiled its newly, redesigned Chief.
But Indian surprised when it released not one, but three different models in the 2014 Chief lineup – the Classic, the Vintage, and the Chieftain.
The Chieftain is the Indian with all the comfort upgrades for some long-distance touring. The Chieftain is the first Indian to ever feature a hard fairing and hard saddlebags, and also the first to arrive with a host of convenience features.
The 2014 Chieftain is highlighted by the fork-mounted fairing with integrated driving lights and LED turn signals. The fairing also includes a power-adjustable windscreen, allowing the rider to tailor the windflow based on temperatures. This is a first of its kind for a fork-mounted fairing.
The saddlebags feature quick-release anchors and remote-control electric locks that are controlled with a console button or key fob.
The Chieftain also features some advanced electronic upgrades, including ABS, Cruise Control tire-pressure monitoring, a high-output audio system and integrated Bluetooth smart-phone connection among others.
The 2014 Indian Chieftain is available in three colors – Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle Red, Springfield Blue – and has a starting MSRP of $22,999.
Following are the features and specs for the 2014 Indian Chieftain, and attached above are 55 images, which make for great wallpaper.
2014 Indian Chieftain Features:
Thunder Stroke 111: The new engine delivers an incredible 119 ft-lbs of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle engines of the past.
Keyless: Enjoy keyless starting that’s secure and convenient with the key fob in your pocket. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
Extensive Chrome: Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed.
Indian Motorcycle Badging: One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle is the vintage badging. The script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle color in 1912.
War Bonnet: Lighting the way as it has since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet atop the front fender in a chrome frame.
Valenced Fenders: Stylish and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, enhance the flowing lines of every Indian Motorcycle. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel.
Brake Caliper Covers: Every Indian Chief is equipped with outstanding ABS brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers.
5-Year ESC/Roadside Assistance: Every new 2014 model has coverage that includes both a 1-year Limited Warranty & a 4-year POLARISTAR Total Protection Extended Service Contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation. Plus, every new rider will be provided a full year of Indian Motorcycle Roadside Assistance for added assurance.
High-Output Audio: The fairing houses an audio system that delivers clean, quality sound from the dual-high-output speakers. The aerodynamic fairing with a power windshield blocks wind to allow you to enjoy your highway playlist without interference.
Audio Bluetooth: The integrated Bluetooth smart phone connection makes it easy to run music stored in the phone through the Indian Chieftain audio system. Playlist info is displayed on the multifunction display screen, and switches near the hand grip make it easy to control the audio.
2014 Victory Chieftain Specs:
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke™ 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in
- Bore x Stroke : 3.976″ x 4.449″ (101mm x 113mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- Peak Torque: 119.2 ft-lbs/ 161.6 N m
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
Gear Ratio (Overall)
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Suspension: Front – Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork/4.7 in (119 mm)
- Suspension: Rear – Type/Travel: Single Shock with Air Adjust / 4.49 in
- Brakes/Front: Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Tires/Front: Dunlop Elite 130/90B16 67H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop Elite 180/65B16 81H
- Wheels: Cast 16″ x 3.5″ Front and 16″ x 5″ Rear
- Exhaust System: Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over
- Length: 101.2 in
- Width (US): 40.2 in
- Width (Intl): 39.8 in
- Height: 60.2 in
- Seat Height: 26.0 in
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in
- Rake: 25°
- Trail: 5.9 in
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gallons
- Weight (empty tank / full of fuel): 815 lbs / 848 lbs
- GVWR: 1385 lbs
- Thunder Black
- Indian Motorcycle Red
- Springfield Blue
- Standard Equipment: ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Driving Lights; Highway Bar Keyless Start; Power Windshield; Premium Leather Seats; Remote Locking Hard Saddle Bags; Tire Pressure Monitoring; 100 watt stereo with AM/FM Bluetooth and Smartphone Compatible Input
- Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring electronic speedometer, tachometer, and fuel gauge with odometer, dual tripmeters with distance and time, instantaneous and average fuel economy; fuel range; real-time clock; ambient air temperature; gear position display; front and rear tire pressure; engine hours of operation; engine oil life percentage; average speed; battery voltage; radio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; heated grip level (if heated grips installed); and 15 LED telltale indicators: cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MPH or km/h unit designation