2014 Indian Chief Classic Motorcycle Photos/Wallpaper/Images/Specs
Following a reported $100 million spent on R&D, and over 2 million miles of testing both on road and in the lab, the new Indian Chief models were unveiled at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
The new Chief will be available in three models – the Chieftain, the Chief Vintage, and the one that most follows the rich heritage of the Indian Motorcycle company that began in 1901 – the Chief Classic.
The 2014 Indian Chief Classic dons all the legendary style of the original Chief, including valanced fenders, rich genuine leather saddle, classic tank-mounted instrumentation, tear-drop fuel tank design, and sculpted and lighted front fender war bonnet.
But though classic in design, the Chief, along with all the others in the 2014 lineup, features Indian’s new Thunder Stroke 111 49-degree V-Twin, which produces a reported 119 ft/lbs of torque. Handling all this power is a cast-aluminum frame with integrated air intake.
The new air-cooled engine is hooked to a 6-speed transmission, and features true-dual exhaust. Modern electronics also highlight the Chief Classic, including ABS, cruise control, throttle-by-wire and keyless ignition.
And to further add to the iconic styling of the 2014 Chief Classic, Indian Motorcycle has hatted loads of chrome, high-quality chrome laced spoke wheels, and brake caliper covers.
Indian Motorcycle, which plans to have up to 150 American dealers by year’s end, will offer demo rides at dealers starting in late August. Indian expects the new Chief to arrive in dealerships in September. The Chief Classic carries an MSRP of $18,999.
Following are the features and specs of the 2014 Indian Chief Classic, and attached above are all the official photos of the machine. Each image also makes for great wallpaper; to download, simply click on the desired thumbnail to expand, and right click to Save to Desktop Background.
For a First Ride Review on the Chief Classic, and the Chieftain and Vintage, click here.
2014 Indian Chief Classic Features:
- Thunder Stroke 111: The new engine delivers an incredible 119 ft-lbs of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle engines of the past.
- Keyless: Enjoy keyless starting that’s secure and convenient with the key fob in your pocket. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- Extensive Chrome: Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed.
- Indian Motorcycle Badging: One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle is the vintage badging. The script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle color in 1912.
- War Bonnet: Lighting the way as it has since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet atop the front fender in a chrome frame.
- Valenced Fenders: Stylish and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, enhance the flowing lines of every Indian Motorcycle. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel.
- Brake Caliper Covers: Every Indian Chief is equipped with outstanding ABS brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers.
- Center Console: Chief Classic instrumentation combines modern technology and traditional style. The tank-mounted console has an easy-to-read analog speedometer as well as a digital display screen that provides a wealth of valuable data.
- Laced Wheels: The Indian Chief Classic rolls on bright, high quality laced wheels. Sixty chrome-finished spokes evoke timeless Indian Motorcycle style.
- 5-Year ESC/Roadside Assistance: Every new 2014 model has coverage that includes both a 1-year Limited Warranty & a 4-year POLARISTAR Total Protection Extended Service Contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation. Plus, every new rider will be provided a full year of Indian Motorcycle Roadside Assistance for added assurance.
2014 Victory Chief Classic Specs:
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in
- Bore x Stroke : 3.976″ x 4.449″ (101mm x 113mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- Peak Torque: 119.2 ft-lbs/ 161.6 N m
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
Gear Ratio (Overall)
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Suspension: Front – Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork/4.7 in (119 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Suspension: Rear – Type/Travel: Single Shock / 3.7 in
- Brakes/Rear: Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Tires/Front: Dunlop American Elite 130/90B16 67H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- Wheels: 60 Spoke 16″ x 3.5″ Front and 16″ x 5″ Rear
- Exhaust System: Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over
- Length: 103.5 in
- Width (Intl): 39.8 in
- Height: 46.3 in
- Seat Height: 26.0 in
- Wheelbase: 68.1 in
- Rake: 29°
- Trail: 6.1 in
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gallons
- Weight (empty tank / full of fuel): 778 lbs / 812 lbs
- GVWR: 1260 lbs
- Thunder Black
- Indian Motorcycle Red
- Springfield Blue
- Standard Equipment: ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Keyless Start; Light Bar; Premium Leather Seats
- Electric: Tank mounted electronic speedometer with odometer; dual tripmeters; digital tachometer; ambient air temperature; fuel range; average fuel economy; battery voltage; gear position display; real-time clock; vehicle trouble code readout; heated grip level (if heated grips installed); low engine oil pressure; and 9 LED telltale indicators: cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, and MPH or km/h unit designation; Tank mounted electronic fuel gauge with low fuel LED indicator