2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Results
Spoiler Alert: 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross results from O.co Coliseum, Oaklad, listed below
The 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship headed to the O.co Coliseum in Oakland Saturday evening, taking place before a record crowd of nearly 47,000 SX fans.
And for the second week in a row, Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto was victorious, the Washington native leading all 20 laps of the main event. Joining Villopoto on the podium was Rockstar Energy Suzuki’s Davi Millsaps and Red Bull KTM’s Ryan Dungey.
Villopoto, who qualified third fastest, took the Nuclear Cowboyz Holeshot Award, followed by
JGRMX/Toyota/Yamaha’s Justin Brayton and Millsaps.
On turn two, there was a huge crash involving TwoTwo Motorsports Chad Reed, Muscle Milk Honda’s Justin Barcia, and Yoshimura Suzuki’s James Stewart, who was fastest in qualifying. Stewart and Reed were able to rejoin from back of the pack, but Barcia was forced to withdraw.
By the third lap, Villopoto was already seven seconds ahead of the field, followed by Millsaps and Brayton. By lap 11, though, Red Bull KTM’s Ryan Dungey slipped into third. Villopoto would win, followed by Millsaps and Dungey. Canard would take fourth, followed by Suzuki’s Mike Alessi.
Ryan Villopoto (Monster Energy Kawasaki KX450F) says: “The points race is what we are going after, and winning the holeshot gives you a great advantage,” said Villopoto. “We made some changes to the bike today that I think really helped us out there tonight, so hats off to my team. It is a long season, and we are going to keep plugging away.”
With his podium finish, Millsaps retains the points lead with 85, seven ahead of Canard. Villopoto is in third, a point behind Canard after four of 17 rounds.
In the Western Regional 250SX class, Red Bull KTM’s Ken Roczen, of Germany, won, snapping Eli Tomac’s three-race win streak.
JDR KTM’s Joey Savatgy opened the Western Regional 250SX Class Main Event with the Nuclear Cowboyz Holeshot Award, leading Roczen and Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil/Honda’s Cole Seely, respectively, through turn one. On the opening lap, Seely passed Savatgy for the lead and Roczen followed suit, passing Savatgy for second place. Current points leader Eli Tomac crossed the finish line on the opening lap in eighth place, Feld Motor Sports says.
Tomac, who rides for the GEICO Honda team, crashed on Lap 1 and re-entered the race in 18th place. On Lap 5, Tomac crashed again in the whoops section and was unable to finish the race. Tomac came into night’s race undefeated and had a nine-point lead in season point standings. He now sits third overall, 15 points out of the lead, Feld Motor Sports says.
Roczen stalked Seely until Lap 11 when he made the pass for the lead. Seely finished second and Rockstar Energy Racing’s Jason Anderson, of Edgewood, N.M., finished third. Roczen has an 11-point lead in season point standings over Seely, Feld Motor Sports says.
Ken Roczen (Red Bull KTM) says: “I am so happy with this win tonight,” said Roczen. “There was a lot of bar banging on that opening lap, but I charged hard and got out front. I am excited to bring this momentum back to Angel Stadium next weekend.”
2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross 450 Class Results: Oakland
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
2. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki
3. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM
4. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda
5. Mike Alessi, Hilliard, Fla., Suzuki
6. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda
7. Matt Goerke, Lake Helen, Fla., KTM
8. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Suzuki
9. Vince Friese, Cape Girardeau, Mo., Honda
10. Justin Brayton, Cornelius, N.C., Yamaha
2013 AMA Supercross 450 Class Points (after four of 17 rounds):
1. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki – 85
2. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda – 78
3. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki – 77
4. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM – 68
5. Chad Reed, Australia, Honda – 65
6. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda – 56
7. Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki – 47
8. Justin Brayton, Cornelius, N.C., Yamaha – 42
9. Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda – 41
10. Matt Goerke, Lake Helen, Fla., KTM – 39
2013 AMA Western Regional 250 Class Results: Oakland
1. Ken Roczen, Germany, KTM
2. Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda
3. Jason Anderson, Edgewood, N.M., Suzuki
4. Martin Davalos, Ecuador, Kawasaki
5. Malcolm Stewart, Haines City, Fla., KTM
6. Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, N.M., KTM
7. Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha
8. Austin Politelli, Riverside, Calif., Honda
9. Christian Craig, Wildomar, Calif., Honda
10. Zach Osborne, Chesterfield, S.C., Honda
2013 AMA Western Regional 250SX Class Points:
1. Ken Roczen, Germany, KTM – 91
2. Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda – 80
3. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda – 76
4. Zach Osborne, Chesterfield, S.C., Honda – 58
5. Jason Anderson, Edgewood, N.M., Suzuki – 52
6. Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha – 49
7. Martin Davalos, Ecuador, Kawasaki – 48
8. Christian Craig, Wildomar, Calif., Honda – 47
9. Malcolm Stewart, Haines City, Fla., KTM – 45
10. Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki – 45