Allstate’s newest motorcycle awareness campaign, “Once is Never Enough” (ONE), encourages other drivers to look twice for motorcycles at intersections.
And to help push this campaign, Rick Fairless is building the “ONE” bike, which will be auctioned off on an episode of Discovery Channel’s hit show “Auction Kings” on May 23.
Allstate says all proceeds from the auction will go directly to the donation and installation of “Watch for Motorcycles” warning signs at dangerous intersections across the country; these signs are part of Allstate’s “Once is Never Enough” campaign.
Rick Fairless’ design features a Strokers Dallas “Pam” frame, 124″ S&S polished engine, 120 spoke radial laced wheels, 1938 Chevy headlight and custom pegs, grips, seat and handlebars.
In effort to help spread the word of the Fairless “ONE” bike that’s helping the motorcycle-awareness campaign, Allstate has filmed a short video of Fairless. The video offers a behind-the-scene look at the “ONE” motorcycle build.
The bike was recently on display along with other Allstate customs built by Arlen Ness and Dave Perewitz during Daytona Bike Week at the Allstate Rider Protection Zone at Daytona International Speedway, and will travel to other major motorcycle rallies across the country during 2012, including:
- Leesburg Bikefest – Leesburg, Fla., April 26-29
- Laconia Motorcycle Week – Laconia, N.H., June 9-17
- Thunder in the Valley – Johnstown, Pa., June 21-24
- Roar on the Shore – Erie, Penn., July 12-14
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally – Sturgis, S.D., Aug. 4-11
- Bikes, Blues & BBQ – Fayetteville, Ark., Sept. 26-Sept. 29
- Biketoberfest – Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 18-21
- Lone Star Rally – Galveston/Houston, Texas, Nov. 1-4