Suzuki Releases Black Boulevard M109R
2011 Suzuki Boulevard
Suzuki’s leader in the power-cruiser category, the 2011 Boulevard M109R, will be available in limited quantities in black. Suzuki hasn’t released how many black Boulevard M109R cruisers will be available.
The plain black model now joins the two other colors available on the M109R: Candy Indy Blue and M109R Limited Edition Glass Sparkle Black/Candy Max Orange.
The M109R features much aggressive grunt due to its 109-cubic inch (1783cc) engine that features a wide tourque curve for everyday motorcycling. This powerhouse, combined with muscular styling, some final touches borrowed from the GSX-R superbike, and also the 240mm rear tire, makes for unique cruiser.
Suzuki Boulevard M109R Engine Features:
- The Boulevard M109R’s 1783cc, 8-valve DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-twin engine is designed for strong throttle response and quick acceleration.
- Suzuki’s class-leading electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 56mm throttle bodies, which maintains optimum air velocity for smooth low- to mid-range throttle response.
- The Boulevard M109R features a massive 112mm bore and 90.5mm stroke, utilizing huge 112mm forged aluminum alloy pistons with short skirts, and cut away sides riding on chrome moly steel connecting rods.
- Each engine bore is lined with Suzuki’s race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances and reduced weight.
- A dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system is controlled by the Boulevard M109R’s powerful 32-bit ECM for improved combustion efficiency and reduced exhaust emissions.
- The Boulevard M109R uses Suzuki Advanced Sump System (SASS), which is a compact dry sump lubrication system that provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and a lower center of gravity.
- A unique two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design, reduces overall engine height and creates a lower center of gravity.
- The 2-into-1-into-2 stainless steel chromed exhaust system features Suzuki’s digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and a powerful V-twin sound.
- The Boulevard M109R has a three piece, 9.5 liter volume airbox (with dual intakes), working through a pleated fabric air cleaner element.
Suzuki Boulevard M109R Chassis Features:
- A high-tensile double cradle steel frame is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush smooth ride.
- Inverted front forks featuring race-proven cartridge internals with 46mm stanchion tubes provide 5.12-inches of wheel travel.
- A cast aluminum alloy swingarm works with a progressive shock linkage and a preload adjustable single rear shock delivers 4.66 inches of wheel travel working through a shaft drive system.
- The Boulevard M109R front brake system includes radial mounted four piston front calipers and 310mm front brake rotors. The rear brake system includes a dual piston caliper and 275mm rear disc.
- Spiral spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels measure 3.50 x 18 inch up front and a massive 8.50 x 18 inch rear. The rear wheel wears a huge 240mm rear Dunlop radial tire-the largest ever used on a Suzuki motorcycle.
- The Boulevard M109R is equipped with a sleek and wide fuel tank with a 5.2-gallon fuel capacity that flows into integrated side covers; a comfortable low seat; and a stylish radiator cowl.