2011 Aprilia Mana 850 Video
If there’s one thing that separates the 2011 Aprilia Mana 850 GT from the rest, it’s the Sport Gear Transmission, which is a high-tec automatic motorcycle transmission.
Riders can use the Aprilia transmission in either manual or automatic mode; in the manual sequential mode, the rider simply shifts between seven ratios on the left handlebar.
But there’s also the autodrive mode, which allows the rider to chose from three, automatic transmission maps – touring, sport or rain.
And what’s very unique about the Mana’s transmission is a rider can switch from automatic to sequential mode and vice-versa any time.
Attached is a video highlighting the 2011 Aprilia Mana 850 GT, and below are all the specs of this unique bike, which Aprilia badges as the "Ultimate Sport Touring Motorcycle."
Aprilia Mana 850 GT ABS | Motorcycle Specs
- Aprilia longitudinal 90° V-twin engine, 4 stroke, liquid cooled, single overhead cam with chain drive, four valves per cylinder
- Bore and stroke 88 x 69 mm with a total engine capacity 839.3 cc and a compression ratio of 10:1
- Maximum power at crankshaft 56 kW (76.1 hp) at 8,000 rpm
- Maximum torque at crankshaft 7.45 kgm (73 Nm) at 5,000 rpm
- Induction and fuel system Integrated electronic engine management system via Weber Marelli electronic injection with 38-mm throttle body
- Ignition Digital electronic, with two spark plugs per cylinder, integrated with fuel injection system
- Exhaust system 2 into 1 exhaust system in 100% stainless steel with three-way catalytic converter and lambda probe
- Transmission Sequential with manual or automatic mode selectable by the user; 7 ratios in manual mode.
- 3 mappings (Touring – Sport – Rain) in Autodrive mode.
- Gear change by pedal or handlebar control. The user can switch from automatic to sequential mode and vice versa at any time.
- Chassis High-strength steel trellis
- Front suspension Upside-down fork, 43 mm stanchions. Wheel travel 120 mm
- Rear suspension Single- piece aluminum alloy swingarm
- Hydraulic shock absorber with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping. Wheel travel 125 mm
- Brakes Front: dual 320 mm diam. stainless steel floating discs. Radial calipers with four pistons.
- Rear: ∅ 260 mm stainless steel disc. Single piston caliper.
- 2-channel Continental ABS system
- Rims Aluminum alloy
- Front: 3.50 X 17" Rear: 6.00 x 17"
- Tires Radials tubeless; front: 120/70 ZR 17; rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Tank 16 liters