The 19-year-old Washington native just missed the podium at a shortened (and troubled) Daytona 200 last month, taking fourth on the Cycle World Attack Performance Kawasaki ZX-6R.This YouTube video from Kawasaki displays the new “rising star” Beach, with commentary by Kawasaki riders Ricky Gadson (nine-time Drag Racing Champion), Eric Bostrom (AMA Superbike) and Henry Wiles (Flat Track Singles Champion).JD Beach is expected to be one of the top contenders this season, and has already proven himself at Daytona.Here’s a breakdown of JD Beach’s career from the AMA:
- 2010 – Won the AMA Pro SuperSport East Division Championship (Rockwall Performance Yamaha YZF-R6).
- 2009 – Contested the full AMA Pro SuperSport East season, earning three podiums with a best finish of second, also finished second in the championship. Also finished fourth in the AMA Pro Flat Track Pro Singles Championship, earning three race wins and five podiums.
- 2008 – Won the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup Championship, becoming the first American to do so.
- 2007 – First year of road racing competition in the MotoGP Rookies Cup. Finished 16th in points, with a best finish of 8th.
- 2006 – Raced as a dirt track amateur winning in the 250 class of the AMA Amateur Grand Nationals in DuQuoin, Ill.
- 2005 – Raced amateur dirt track, winning the 85 Mod class at the AMA Amateur Grand Nationals.
- Early Career – First started riding at the age of three.