Motorcycle Industry NewsRevive Your Ride!, created and funded by the Aftermarket Committee of the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) to help retailers sell more products, is expanding its outreach to consumers and attracting even greater participation from powersports retailers, distributors, manufacturers and service providers.
Revive Your Ride will launch two national promotions this year, one in the spring (April 15 – June 30) and one in the fall (Aug. 15 – Oct. 15). The promotions offer consumers the chance to win from among hundreds of exciting products in addition to generous cash prizes. To enter, consumers must pick up an entry card at a participating retailer. There is no cost for dealers to participate other than the cost to purchase entry materials, around 20 dollars.Frank Esposito (MIC Aftermarket Committee Chair) says: "Revive Your Ride! is a great example of how the MIC works on behalf of its members to support dealers and, most importantly, consumers – in this case, implementing a comprehensive, industry-wide promotional campaign focusing on the theme ‘now is the time to ride.’"It is an aggressive MIC initiative designed to help mitigate current economic challenges to the motorcycling community and our member companies. For 2011, we anticipate that it will drive tens of thousands of consumers into powersports retailers across the country."Revive Your Ride!, the industry’s first-ever collective promotional campaign, began in 2010. MIC staff executed the Revive Your Ride! campaign, including a national promotion and the creation of free, branded marketing tools available for retailers to use 24/7. Thousands of consumers and hundreds of retailers participated, leading to 15 lucky winners sharing $25,000 in prize money and satisfied dealers all across the country.Cam Arnold (MIC Vice President, Communications) says: "We would like to recognize and thank the Aftermarket Committee for their commitment and vision. It is unique to find an industry group that will look beyond their personal needs and focus their efforts on supporting the front lines – retailers and consumers."The MIC Aftermarket Committee: * Frank Esposito, Chair, Kendon Industries, Inc.
* Eric Anderson, Motorsport Aftermarket Group, Inc,
* Greg Blackwell, LeMans Corp. / Parts Unlimited
* Gary Bryson, K&N Engineering
* Joan Dyal-Vernon, GE Commercial Distribution
* Don Emde, Don Emde, Inc.
* Kerry Graeber, Advanstar Communications
* Steve Johnson, Tucker Rocky Distributing
* Robin Hartfiel, Resmarket, Inc.
* Dick Lague, Ignition 3
* Larry Little, The Little Group
* Burke McCarthy, Motorcycle Management Services
* Sarah Schilke, Schuberth North America
* Scott Wallenberg, Racer XRetailers can sign up to participate at the Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo, where Revive Your Ride! will have a major presence. They can also visit the Revive Your Ride! website and download free campaign materials 24/7 at mic.org.The Motorcycle Industry Council exists to preserve, protect and promote motorcycling through government relations, communications and media relations, statistics and research, aftermarket programs, development of data communications standards, and activities surrounding technical and regulatory issues. As a not-for-profit, national industry association, MIC seeks to support motorcyclists by representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV/ROV parts and accessories, and members of allied trades such as insurance, finance and investment firms, media companies and consultants.The MIC is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., with a government relations office in metropolitan Washington, D.C. First called the MIC in 1970, the organization has been in operation since 1914. Visit the MIC at mic.org.