The Rockstar Suzuki Amateur Motocross team has been a proving ground for tomorrow’s Motocross and Supercross stars, and the 2011 roster certainly reinforces that tradition.
Rockstar Suzuki has announced the 18-rider team that will be competing aboard a fleet of championship-winning Suzuki dirt bikes, including the 2011 Suzuki fuel-injected RM-Z250.
The team will feature a mixture of new and returning young racers who will compete in a number of classes in the 2011 Amateur series.
Two new names that have been added to the Rockstar Suzuki Amateur roster are Jordan Bailey from Orlando, Florida, who will be riding an RM85 in the 9-11 class, and Jennifer Burton, who hails from Gonzales, California and will be riding the RM-Z250 in the Women’s class.
There are eight returning riders to the 2011 Rockstar Suzuki Amateur team: In the 85cc 9-11 class, Sean Cantrell, from Newbury Park, California, will power his RM85 to the front of the pack alongside Michael Mosiman from Sebastopol, California.
The 85cc 12-14 class will be packed with talent, with four Rockstar Suzuki riders battling for titles, including Tristan Miller (Alpine, California), Alexander Frye (Huntingtown, Maryland), Rookie White (Winchester, California) and Jordon Smith (Belmont, North Carolina).
Competing aboard the Suzuki RM-Z250, Steven Gretchen, from McMechen, West Virginia, will be racing in the 250B class alongside teammate Joey Savatgy from Cairo, Georgia.
"With the longtime partners we have in Rockstar Energy Drink and our entire list of leading industry sponsors, American Suzuki Motor Corporation is again going to field a very competitive amateur motocross team in 2011," said Suzuki’s Motocross Support Specialist, Brian Noah.
"I am very much looking forward to the gate dropping at the Mini O’s next week, where our team of riders will be showcasing the new RM and RM-Z models. We’re quite proud in that each and every rider on the team is a great representative for Suzuki and I hope to continue working with each of them through their entire racing careers."
2011 Rockstar Suzuki Amateur Motocross Team
- Jordan Bailey 85cc 9-11 RM85
- Sean Cantrell 85cc 9-11 RM85
- Michael Mosiman 85cc 9-11 RM85
- Tristan Miller 85cc 12-14 & SM RM85
- Alexander Frye 85cc 12-14 & SM RM85
- Rookie White 85cc 12-14 & SM RM85
- Jordon Smith 85cc 12-14 & SM RM85
- Steven Gretchen 250B & Schoolboy RM-Z250
- Joey Savatgy 250B & Schoolboy RM-Z250
- Jennifer Burton Women’s / B RM-Z250
2011 Rockstar Suzuki Development Motocross Team
- Kevin Cozadd Vet RM-Z450
- Joey Crown 85cc 12-14 & SM RM85
- Kylie Fasnacht Girls RM85
- Bryan Johnson Vet RM-Z450
- Tristan Lewis 85cc 9-11 RM85
- Allyson Miller Girls RM85
- Josh Mosiman 250B & Schoolboy RM125 & RM-Z250
- Jake Pinhancos 85cc 12-14 & SM RM85