2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
Yamaha recently released this official YouTube video, highlighting the much-anticipated 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere. A new model in Europe this year, the 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere adventure motorcycle will be imported into the United States beginning in 2011.
Powered by a compact 1199cc parallel twin with a 270-degree crank intended to enhance torque and traction, as both pistons fire closely together, giving it the feel of a big-bore thumper with less vibration.The Super Tenere is Yamaha’s answer to such bikes as the BMW R 1200 GS, Triumph Tiger 1050, KTM Super Moto Touring SMT and Ducati Multistrada 1200.The 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere will be available in May 2011, with dealers taking deposits on the $13,900 bike beginning in September 2010. The bike is available in your choice of Raven Black or Impact Blue.2012 Yamaha Super Tenere (XTZ12BB; XTZ12BL) Specs:
- Engine Type…1199cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke 2-cylinder DOHC
- Bore x stroke…98.0 x 79.5mm
- Compression ratio…11.0:1
- Fuel delivery…Fuel Injection with YCC-T
- Ignition…TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission…Constant mesh, 6-speed
- Front suspension/front…Telescopic fork, 43mm tube, adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping, 7.5" travel
- Rear suspension…Monoshock, adjustable preload and rebound damping, 7.5" of travel
- Front brakes… Dual 310mm hydraulic disc, ABS/Unified Brake System
- Rear brake…282mm single disc
- Front tire…110/80R 19M/C
- Rear tire…150/70R 17M/C
- L x W x H…88.6" x 38.6" x 55.5"
- Adjustable seat heights…33.26" or 34.25"
- Fuel capacity 6.0 gallons
- Wet weight…575 pounds
- Colors…Raven; Blue