2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
Yamaha recently released this official YouTube video, highlighting the much-anticipated 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere.
A new model in Europe this year, the 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere adventure motorcycle will be imported into the United States beginning in 2011.
Powered by a compact 1199cc parallel twin with a 270-degree crank intended to enhance torque and traction, as both pistons fire closely together, giving it the feel of a big-bore thumper with less vibration.
The Super Tenere is Yamaha’s answer to such bikes as the BMW R 1200 GS, Triumph Tiger 1050, KTM Super Moto Touring SMT and Ducati Multistrada 1200.
The 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere will be available in May 2011, with dealers taking deposits on the $13,900 bike beginning in September 2010. The bike is available in your choice of Raven Black or Impact Blue.
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere (XTZ12BB; XTZ12BL) Specs:
- Engine Type…1199cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke 2-cylinder DOHC
- Bore x stroke…98.0 x 79.5mm
- Compression ratio…11.0:1
- Fuel delivery…Fuel Injection with YCC-T
- Ignition…TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission…Constant mesh, 6-speed
- Front suspension/front…Telescopic fork, 43mm tube, adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping, 7.5" travel
- Rear suspension…Monoshock, adjustable preload and rebound damping, 7.5" of travel
- Front brakes… Dual 310mm hydraulic disc, ABS/Unified Brake System
- Rear brake…282mm single disc
- Front tire…110/80R 19M/C
- Rear tire…150/70R 17M/C
- L x W x H…88.6" x 38.6" x 55.5"
- Adjustable seat heights…33.26" or 34.25"
- Fuel capacity 6.0 gallons
- Wet weight…575 pounds
- Colors…Raven; Blue