2011 Ninja 250
For 2011, Kawasaki revamped many of their motorcycles, including the all-new ZX-10R Ninja. But as for the ZX-10R’s youngerst brother, nothing had to change considering the 250R is already a solid product.
The 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R is the ultimate entry-level motorcycle for sportbike fans, but also a blast for veteran riders. The 250 Ninja motorcycle has all the features that allow beginners to learn with ease, and pure fun for the experienced crowd: a low seat, a wide powerband, powerful brakes and agility. But i
And with these attractive features arrives a style based on its older brothers, the ZX-6R and the ZX-10R. Then there’s the price: who could complain with a MSRP of $3,999 to $4,299 for a new motorcycle? And one more thing: ridiculously good fuel economy at over 60 mpg.
All the power comes from a 249cc, liquid-cooled parallel twin that thrives on high-rpm. The Kawasaki motor is tuned for smooth and predictable power. The 250R also features a six-speed transmission and petal disc brakes, and has a curb weight of around 375 pounds.
The 250 motorcycle features a natural riding position for comfortable ergonomics, allowing for much pleasure on the streets. This pleasure also comes from the handling of the Kawasaki, which is transmitted to the road through 17-inch wheels. Stopping the machine are 290mm front rotors and a single 220mm rotor out back gripped by two-piston hydraulic calibers.
Wrapping the Kawasaki 250 R are the fairing and windscreen that not only look great, but deliver wind protection for a wide range of riding situations. An easy-to-read instrument panel with fuel gauge and neutral indicator is another convenient feature on the motorcycle for the new rider.
Lightweight and agile, the Kawasaki Ninja 250R motorcycle boasts low ownership costs and is a dominating force in the entry-level sportbike category.
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R | Motorcycle Specs
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin
- Displacement: 249cc
- Bore x stroke: 62.0 x 41.2mm
- Compression ratio: 11.6:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK30 x 2
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: O-ring chain
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
- Rake / trail: 26 degrees / 3.2 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Bottom-link Uni-Trak with 5-way adjustable preload / 5.1 in.
- Front tire: 110/70-17
- Rear tire: 130/70-17
- Front brake: Single 290mm hydraulic petal disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear brake: Single 220mm petal disc with two-piston caliper
- Overall length: 82.1 in.
- Overall width: 28.1 in.
- Overall height: 43.7 in.
- Seat height: 30.5 in.
- Curb weight: 374.9 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Color choices / special edition: Ebony, Lime Green / Ebony (SE),
- Pearl White / Ebony (SE)
- Warranty: 12 months
- MSRP: $3,999 – $4,299