Rookie Aleix Espargaro talks MotoGP day-1
Pramac Racing riders, Mika Kallio and Aleix Espargarò, have returned at work on the Sepang circuit in Malaysia after the long winter break. The day was very hot and this has made an even tougher first day on track for 2010. Aleix Espargarò has slipped while it was going through a slow turn: nothing worrying for the Spanish rider who went back on track without complications just a few moments later. The Pramac Racing Team and its riders will be back on the track tomorrow for other important laps in preparation for the new agonistic season.
Mika Kallio Speaks…
"It is always nice to come back on the track but like this it was really difficult: I passed from -20 degrees of Finland to the almost 40 degrees here in Malaysia. Today was really hard and now I need a long night of rest to feel better tomorrow. The situation on the track is good; the bike has significantly improved from last season thanks to the best delivery of the new engine prepared by Ducati. We are confident that in this direction we can have a good season."
Aleix Espargarò Speaks…
"Help, here is incredibly hot. We have succeeded in achieving an acceptable chronometric result anyway as we have worked well today. First impressions on this year bike is very good: when coming out of the turns the bike is less aggressive, it seems that there is not enough power, but instead the bike is as fast as last year which is really good. It is an excellent step forward. Now it’s our turn to find the best way to ride the bike and improve our lap times."
MotoGP Sepang Test Lap Times 4th February
1. Rossi (Yamaha) 2:01.411 (54 laps)
2. Stoner (Ducati) 2:01.902 (42)
3. Edwards (Yamaha) 2:01.932 (48)
4. Capirossi (Suzuki) 2:02.102 (58)
5. Lorenzo (Yamaha) 2:02.165 (57)
6. Dovizioso (Honda) 2:02.630 (51)
7. Hayden (Ducati) 2:02.792 (59)
8. Pedrosa (Honda) 2:02.866 (52)
9. Kallio (Ducati) 2:02.987 (70)
10. Barbera (Ducati) 2:03.030 (59)
11. Espargaro (Ducati) 2:03.133 (54)
12. Spies (Yamaha) 2:03.142 (55)
13. De Puniet (Honda) 2:03.456 (62)
14. Bautista (Suzuki) 2:03.558 (51)
15. Simoncelli (Honda) 2:03.563 (54)
16. Melandri (Honda) 2:03.609 (28)
17. Aoyama (Honda) 2:03.651 (66)