BMW’s mid-size C 400 GT scooter is coming to the United States after four years of action in Europe. This is also a year for the C 400 GT to get some updates, so we’re getting a new version of the only vehicle in BMW’s ’22 Urban Mobility line. Let’s take a close look at the 2022 BMW C 400 GT coming to America.
1. The 350cc motor in the 2022 BMW C 400 GT meets Euro 5 standards. The single-cylinder powerplant is retuned, with the peak power now coming on 250 rpm sooner than before. To get there, the ride-by-wire engine received quite a few new upgraded parts and software:
- Cylinder head
- Catalytic converter
- Engine Management System
- Idle speed control
- Wideband oxygen sensor
- Generator cover sensor
- Clutch springs
- Wiring harness
- The scooter is freeway-ready. Top speed is 86 mph, and it goes from 0-62 mph in 9.6 seconds. The GT does stand for Gran Turismo, after all.
- The C 400 GT has two essential safety features. Traction control and ABS are standard.
- The storage compartment on the C 400 GT holds 31 liters. If you add the optional Flexcase, the cargo carrying capacity is upped to 45 liters. The right front storage compartment has both a USB charging port and a traditional 12-volt outlet.
- High-tech features include a 6.5-inch TFT dash that connects to your smartphone, as well as keyless operation. LEDs abound—headlight, turn signals, and brake/taillight.
- A centerstand is standard to make maintenance easier.
- The 2022 BMW C 400 GT should hit showroom floors in Spring 2021. The MSRP is $8495. There are plenty of options available, including two metallic paint options.
2022 BMW C 400 GT Specs
- Type: Single-cylinder
- Displacement: 350cc
- Bore and Stroke: 80.0 x 69.6mm
- Maximum power: 34 hp @ 7500 rpm
- Maximum torque: 26 ft-lbs @ 5750 rpm
- Top speed: 86 mph
- 0-62 mph acceleration: 9.6 seconds
- Compression ratio: 11.5:1
- Fueling: BMS-ME EFI w/ 40mm throttle body
- Cooling: Liquid
- Clutch: Automatic centrifugal-type
- Transmission: Fully automatic belt/pulley CVT
- Frame: Steel bridge
- Front suspension; travel: Non-adjustable 35mm fork; 4.3 inches
- Rear suspension; travel: Spring-preload adjustable shocks; 4.4 inches
- Front wheel: 15 x 3.5
- Rear wheel: 14 x 4.25
- Front tire: 120/70 x 15
- Rear tire: 150/70 x 14
- Front brake: 265mm discs w/ floating 4-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 276mm disc w/ floating single-piston caliper
- ABS: Standard
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 61.4 inches
- Trail: 3.2 inches
- Seat height: 30.5 inches
- Fuel capacity: 3.4 gallons
- Curb weight: 471 pounds
- Alpine White
- Callisto Grey Metallic (+$150)
- Black Storm Metallic (+$250 w/ Triple Black Package)
2022 BMW C 400 GT Price: $8495 MSRP