2020 Husqvarna 701 Enduro LR Preview
Unveiled at EICMA 2019, besides the updated Husqvarna 701 Supermoto
and base 701 Enduro, in the unexpected 701 Enduro LR.LR stands for long-range, and the only difference over the base Enduro is the fuel capacity so off-road riders can go the distance. This will provide range comparable to other bigger dual sports such as the Suzuki DR650S and now-defunct Kawasaki KLR650.
Following are the fast facts of this new machine:1. The 2020 Husky 701 Enduro LR arrives with a 6.6-gallon fuel tank vs the base models 3.2-gallon tank.
Two tanks arrive on the bike – a 3.4-gallon out back (like the base 701 Enduro), and a 3.2 up front. The tanks each have their own fuel pumps, so there’s a switch on the controls to swap between the fuel tanks. “The single-piece construction is made from an impact-resistant high strength polyamide,” according to Husqvarna. “The fuel supply can be easily selected while riding with a handlebar-mounted switch as each tank has a separate fuel pump.”2. Husqvarna claims the 701 Enduro LR can travel as far as 310 miles between fill-ups.
This basically doubles the range.
3. Due to the extra tank, the 701 Enduro LR gains an additional 22 pounds for a total weight of just over 340 pounds.4. Like the other 701s, the Enduro LR arrives with updated electronics, including:
5. The thumper returns with the 74-horsepower single-cylinder 693cc engine with ride-by-wire throttle.6. Suspension duties are handled by a WP Xplor front fork with adjustable damping function in the left leg and adjustable compression in the right leg.
- Two riding modes: one optimized for street, the other for dirt
- Bosch Cornering ABS that can be switched off
- Cornering traction control
- Easy Shift Function for clutchless up or downshifts on the six-speed transmission
The 701 Enduro R features a WP Xplor shock with adjustable rebound and compression. Both ends offer nearly 10 inches of wheel travel.7. The 701 Enduro LR uses Brembo brakes all around.
A two-piston caliper squeezes a 300mm front disc, and a one-piston caliper moderates the 240mm rear disc.8. The motorcycle also gets new graphics and slimmer bodywork, and returns with a 36.4-inch seat and D.I.D. aluminum alloy rims (21-inch front/18-inch rear).9. Husqvarna has yet to unveil pricing or availability.
Expect to pay around $500 over the base 701 Enduro’s MSRP of $11,899 (2019).