2016 Ducati 959 Panigale | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
The “entry level” Panigale from Ducati is anything but a full-fledged Supersport bike. Using the same 60.8mm stroke as the 1299 and 1199 Superquadro motors, the 959 gets by with a 100mm bore, giving it a displacement of 955cc.
Showa Big Piston Forks and a Sachs shock show that the 959 Panigale is a serious track machine, as does the Ducati Quick Shift system, 158 horses, 78 ft/lbs of torque, and Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tires on alloy rims. You also get Ducati’s impressive electronics suite, which includes traction control, Bosch ABS, Mitsubishi EFI, a quickshifter, and adjustable engine compression braking.
Read our Ducati 959 Panigale Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Ducati 959 Panigale Specs:
- Type: Superquadro L-twin, 4 valves per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Bore x stroke: 100 x 60.8mm
- Displacement: 955cc
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Maximum power: 158 horsepower @ 10,750 rpm
- Maximum torque: 78 ft/lbs @ 9000 rpm
- Fuel injection: Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system; twin injectors per cylinder; full Ride-by-Wire; elliptical throttle bodies.
- Exhaust: 2-1-2 system w/ catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes. Twin stainless steel mufflers w/ aluminum end caps.
- Transmission: 6-speed w/ Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) and straight cut gears
- Final drive: Chain; 15/43
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate hydraulic clutch
- Frame: Monocoque aluminum
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable 43mm Showa BPF forks; 4.7 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Fully adjustable Sachs shock; 5.1 inches of travel
- Front wheel: Alloy 10-spoke; 3.50″ x 17″
- Rear wheel: Alloy 10-spoke; 5.50″ x 17″
- Front tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa, 120/70 ZR17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa, 180/60 ZR17
- Front brakes: Twin 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monoblock M4.32 4-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 245mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- ABS: Standard; Bosch
- Wheelbase: 56.3 inches
- Rake: 24 degrees
- Trail: 3.8 inches
- Seat height: 32.5 inches
- Fuel tank capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Curb weight: 440 pounds
- Warranty: 24 months, unlimited mileage
2016 Ducati 959 Panigale Price:
- $14,995 (Red)
- $15,295 (Arctic White Silk)
2016 Ducati 959 Panigale – Photo Gallery