Benelli Unveils the BN 600 R Naked Sportbike
2013 Benelli BN600R Preview
At last year’s EICMA in Milan, Benelli released the newest generation of it BN 600, the Italian manufacturer’s naked sportbike.
The biggest change to the new BN 600 was its inline four-cylinder 4-stroke engine that produced 82 horsepower. But this week, Benelli, which produces its motorcycles in China under owner Qiaunjiang, unveiled an even further upgraded BN – the 2013 BN 600 R.
The R arrives with the same power plant of the BN 600, but is upgraded with the latest in suspension, including Marzocchi front forks and Sachs rear suspension.
The engine features a dual-overhead camshaft and four valves per each cylinder, and arrives with electronic fuel injection and four 38mm throttle bodies. The 600cc machine produces 82 horsepower at 11,500 rpm, and 38 ft. lbs. of torque at 10,5000 rpm. The BN 600 R features wet sump lubrication, wet clutch, a 6-speed gearbox and final chain drive.
The BN 600 R features a frame created of steel trestle up front, and aluminum in the rear. Suspension duties are handled by an upside-down Marzocchi 50mm front fork, the same that arrives on TNT and TRE-K models.
Out back an aluminum alloy swingarm with rear shock absorber Sachs adjustable in extension hydraulic and spring preload links directly to the frame in order to follow also uneven pavements with total ease. Stopping the Benelli BN600R are Brembo front 320m twin floating discs squeezed by radial calipers, and a single 240mm disc squeezed by a double piston caliper out rear.
The Benelli BN600R rolls on aluminum 17″ wheels with 120/70 and 180/55 tires. The bike will be available in white, black and red, and offered at 6,490 EURO, and around $9,000 in the states.
Benelli did not report when the bike will reach US shores.
2013 Benelli BN 600 R Specs:
- Engine Type: 4 cylinders in line, 4-stroke, liquid cooled , 4 valves for cylinder double overhead camshaft
- Displacement: 600cc
- Bore x Stroke: 65 x 45.2mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Horsepower: 82 @ 11,500 rpm
- Torque: 38 ft. lbs. @ 10,500 rpm
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Fuel: Electronic Fuel Injection with 38mm throttle bodies
- Clutch: Wet
- Transmission: 6 Speed
- Frame: Decomposable frame, front steel trestle, rear aluminium alloy casting
- Front Suspension: Upside Down 50mm forks; travel 120mm
- Rear Suspension: Rear swing arm in aluminum alloy, rear shock absorber with extension hydraulic and spring preload adjustment; rear travel 123mm
- Front Brake: Dual 320mm discs squeezed by radial calipers
- Rear Brake: ingle 260 disc squeezed by dual-piston caliper
- Front Rim: Aluminum, 17″ x 3.5″
- Rear Rim: Aluminum: 17″ x 5.5″
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire: 180/55 ZR17
- Length: 2160mm
- Width: 800mm
- Height: 1180mm
- Pilot Seat Height: 800mm
- Passenger Seat Height: 940mm
- Wheelbase: 1480mm
- Ground Clearance: 180mm
- Road Ready Weight: 220 kg (485 lbs.)
- Fuel Tank: 15 Liter (3.9 gallon)