BMW System 6 Evo Motorcycle Helmet
BMW Motorrad released information about the new System 6 Evo motorcycle helmet, which is available in the UK for £420 (plain colors) and £450 (patterned). Following is a release discussing the helmet:
BMW Motorrad has introduced a revised and improved version of its best-selling helmet: the System 6 Evo.
Based on the System 6, BMW Motorrad has made a number of modifications to the design, creating a helmet that retains the same clean lines and classic styling, but offers an even greater level of comfort and practicality thanks to a tougher visor and mechanism, improved ventilation controls and refined aerodynamics.
The new System 6 Evo has a tougher, even more scratch-resistant sun visor, a more robust visor mechanism enabling operation with gloved hands, improved ventilation control on the chin and a revised spoiler for improved aerodynamics and a smoother ride. Additionally, the Evo comes in a range of all-new colours and designs for a fresh new look.
The lightweight, flip-front System 6 was introduced in 2009 and rapidly became BMW Motorrad’s best-selling and most popular helmet. In addition to low weight, despite featuring a flip-down internal sun visor, the System 6 has outstanding aerodynamics and aero-acoustics, ensuring the quietest and most comfortable ride possible.
In addition to boasting a minimal weight of 1,570g, the System 6 is one of the quietest flip-fronts on the market – just 84-86 dB(A) at 100 km/h. It features a unique design chin bar pivot which reduces the size of the helmet when the chin bar is in an upright position. The helmet comes ready for installation of the BMW Communication system, offering a Bluetooth connection to the BMW Navigator IV sat-nav, music players, mobile phones and other BMW helmets.
BMW Motorrad was the first motorcycle manufacturer to produce a helmet in 1976, followed by a full range of protective kit and clothing in 1978. A wide collection of BMW Rider Equipment and BMW Motorrad Motorcycle Accessories are available, offering clothing, luggage and accessories suitable for riders of every model in the BMW range.
The first System helmet was introduced in 1981, with eight successive revisions up to and including the System 6 Evo. To ensure the best possible products are offered to riders, BMW Motorrad extensively tests helmet aerodynamics and aero-acoustics in a variety of extreme simulated weather conditions including wind, rain and severe temperatures.
BMW System 6 Evo Features:
- Flip-front helmet with integral sun visor
- Helmet shell glass-fibre reinforced plastic with reinforcing layers
- Impact-absorbing EPS inner shell
- Chin guard with quadruple-joint mechanism
- Double visor: Anti-fogging inner visor; outer visor with scratch-resistant coating on inside and outside
- Helmet interior made of velour-look artificial leather and breathable DuPont Coolmax, removable and washable
- Chin guard opened by central button
- Chin-strap with snap buckle, neckbands to keep the helmet firmly in position on the rider’s head
- Effective head and visor ventilation options
- Very good aerodynamics and aero-acoustics
- Low weight: Approx. 1,570g
- ECE 22-05 homologation
- Provision for installation of a BMW Motorrad Communication system
- Price £420 for plain colors and £450 for patterned