Harley-Davidson Motor Company reports it has worked with NHRA to include the popular nitromethane-burning Pro Dragster class in the newly formed NHRA Harley-Davidson Drag Racing Series.
Pro Dragster joins the previously announced classes that will compete at all 10 rounds of the series: Top Fuel, Pro Gas, Draggin’ Bagger, Street Pro and Hot Street. The NHRA Harley-Davidson Drag Racing Series begins in March at Royal Purple Raceway in Houston.
With quarter-mile elapsed times in the low 7-second range and speeds at more than 190 mph, the Pro Dragster class offers fans and racers a thrilling entry to the thundering spectacle of nitro-powered Harley-Davidson drag racing that is capped by the awesome 6-second, 225-mph Top Fuel class.
Kris Schoonover (Harley-Davidson Racing Manager) says: “Anyone who loves the smell of burning nitro can share our excitement with this announcement. Pro Dragster will be a great addition to the NHRA Harley-Davidson Drag Racing Series, and we can’t wait for the season to get started.”
To support racers in all six classes, Harley-Davidson will offer a $177,250 purse, with payouts for event winners ranging from $4,000 to $400 plus additional payments down to the quarter-final round. In addition, class winners at each event will receive a coveted NHRA Wally trophy in the winner’s circle.
2013 NHRA Harley Davidson Drag Racing Series Schedule:
- March 1-3, Royal Purple Raceway, Houston Texas
- April 12-13, Virginia Motorsports Park, Petersburg, Va.
- May 17-19, Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park, Norwalk, Ohio
- May 25-26, Atlanta Dragway, Atlanta, Ga.
- June 14-16, Bandimere Speedway, Denver, Colo.
- June 21-22, Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, Ill.
- June 19-21, New England Dragway, Epping, N.H.
- Aug. 17-18, Pacific Raceways, Seattle
- Sept. 6-7, Bristol Dragway, Bristol, Tenn.
- Oct. 31- Nov. 3, The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, Nev.
For more information, including complete rules and contingency programs, visit nhraracer.com.