The 2012 Progressive International Motorcycle Shows kicks-off the nation’s largest and longest-running motorcycle show tour Friday, November 2,at the Cobb Galleria Centre, in Atlanta.
This is the first place in the United States to see all of the new models from leading manufacturers including BMW, BRP, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, Star, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha and more, as well as the latest aftermarket parts and accessories.
From hard-core enthusiasts to casual riders, the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta will be the place for motorcycle enthusiasts to immerse themselves in bike culture, talk to experts and climb on all the hottest rides.
Tigra Tsujikawa (Progressive International Motorcycle Shows Brand Director) says: “Atlanta has always been a strong market for motorcycles and aftermarket products, a true motorcyclist’s paradise, making the return of the nation’s largest motorcycle show to this market so exciting.
“This year’s tour is jam-packed with dozens of new interactive features, exciting shows, accessories, gear and hundreds of new model motorcycles from all the top manufacturers including BMW which has now joined the nationwide tour for all 13-tour stops this season.”
Features and special appearances that will fill the Cobb Galleria Centre with excitement throughout the weekend include:
- Pit Stop Challenge Presented by GEICO AMA Pro Racing – For the first time ever, attendees will experience an interactive simulation of the Daytona 200 Pit Stop. Participants will race head-to-head for the fastest rear wheel pit stop time and winners will receive prizes throughout the weekend. The fastest Pit Stop Challenge time at the end of the 2012-2013 Progressive International Motorcycle Shows tour will win an all-expense paid trip to the Daytona 200.
- Celebrity Appearances – Motocross Champion Ricky Carmichael and Women’s Motocross Association Champion Ashley Fiolek will greet fans and sign autographs, on Friday, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Competition – Returning to the series for a third year, the world’s largest motorcycle builder competition will showcase elite-level, custom motorcycle creations vying for a piece of a $90,000 cash purse prize and a chance to compete in the United States Championship finale. This competition will feature five classes including Freestyle, Modified Harley-Davidson, Modified Street, Retro Mod and Performance Custom.
- MotoGP Experience – All-new this year, the MotoGP grid will feature 12 MotoGP class bikes on a grid carpet, umbrella girls and a rare photo opportunity for all attendees on a pole sitting bike.
- J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Competition Photo Booth – Builders with motorcycles competing in the custom bike competition will pose for photos with their bikes in this professional photo studio.
- The Podium – This interactive stage will be jam-packed with industry experts presenting a variety of motorcycling topics for both new and experienced riders including adventure riding, motorcycle maintenance, increasing bike performance, seminars for women riders and more. More than two dozen seminars and presentations will take place throughout the weekend including special appearances by 1993 500cc World Champion Kevin Schwantz, Two-Time World Superbike Champion Colin Edwards and Supercross Sideline Reporter Erin Bates, as well as presentations by Nick Ienatsch, Ken Hill and Scott Russell highlighting the Yamaha Champions Riding School.
- MotoGP Panel – Supercross Sideline Reporter Erin Bates will host a panel of current and former MotoGP racers including of Colin Edwards, Kevin Schwantz and Scott Russell who will provide insight into this premier class of motorcycle road racing.
- Progressive International Motorcycle Show Short Clip Preview – Shot and edited the night before the opening of the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Atlanta, showgoers will be treated to a first look at a short clip featuring a “ride” through the new show with Ricky Charmichael, Colin Edwards and Ashley Fiolek.
- Strider Adventure Zone – Children are invited to test ride a collection of pedal-less Strider bicycles on an exciting race course designed with gentle turns, small obstacles and more. This interactive feature is a perfect introduction to the two-wheeled world for future motorcycle riders!
- Rider Protection Project Presented by Allstate – In an effort to promote motorcycle safety, this interactive scavenger hunt will send participants to different spots on the show floor to identify missing gear. This new feature will test the motorcycle safety IQ of riders, and reward experts with fun prizes.
- Progressive Insurance Road Trip – Bikers dreaming of hitting the road with Progressive’s always happy-to-help sales clerk, Flo, can hop on a bike next to a virtual Flo, then view their photo on the Progressive Motorcycle Facebook page at www.facebook.com/progressivemotorcycle. Riders can also win prizes and kick back, relax and rest their feet in the Progressive Lounge.
- Vintage Club Displays – Motorcycle enthusiasts are invited to look into the past, with this special display showcasing retro bikes, courtesy of local vintage motorcycle clubs.
- Suzuki Giveaway – Attendees will have the chance to win one of two new Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycles.
- Free Motorcycle Parking and Gear Check – Free motorcycle parking will be available for all riders who ride their motorcycles to the show. In addition, riders will be invited to check helmets, jackets and other gear at the show’s main entrance to free their hands and enjoy the new show experience.
The Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Atlanta will be open to the public Friday, November 2, through Sunday, November 4, at the Cobb Galleria Centre, located at 2 Galleria Parkway Southeast. Show hours are Friday, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Admission to the event is $15 adults $6 for children 6-11. Children 5 and under are admitted free. Following the kick-off in Atlanta, the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows nationwide tour will continue across the country, the complete schedule is as follows:
- Atlanta – Cobb Galleria Centre, Nov. 2-4, 2012
- Dallas – Dallas Convention Center, Nov. 9-11
- San Mateo – San Mateo County Event Center, Nov. 16-18
- Long Beach – Long Beach Convention Center, Dec. 7-9
- Seattle – Washington State Convention Center, Dec. 14-16
- Washington, D.C. – Washington Convention Center, Jan. 4-6, 2013
- Minneapolis – Minneapolis Convention Center, Jan. 11-13
- New York City – Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, Jan. 18-20
- Ohio – I-X Center, Jan. 25-27
- Michigan – Suburban Collection Showplace, Feb. 1-3
- Chicago – Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Feb. 8-10
- Indianapolis – Lucas Oil Stadium, Feb. 15-17
- Charlotte – Charlotte Convention Center, Feb. 22-24
For more information, call 800/331-5706 or visit motorcycleshows.com.