2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Now Available
Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
Just in time for the arrival of the 2012 World Superbike to Miller Motorsports Park in Utah with Aprilia Racing Team’s Max Biaggi, who won the 2010 title aboard an RSV4, Aprilia reports that its Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC is currently available in dealerships across the United States.
With 180 horsepower at 12,250 rpm, and 85 ft. lbs. of torque at 10,000 rpm, the RSV4 Factory APRC is Aprilia’s flagship superbike, and arrives with much technology.
The RSV4 Factory APRC arrives standard with Aprilia Performance Ride Control (APRC) system, Aprilia’s World Superbike traction control system. The APRC System provides the rider with traction control, wheelie control, launch control and quick shift – a technological platform not yet available on all superbikes.
Speaking of the machine, Aprilia says “the 2012 RSV4 Factory APRC takes SBK World Championship Technology and rolls it in to your garage.”
For more information on the Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC please visit ApriliaUSA.com and the all-new Aprilia microsite, ApriliaMasters.com, which invites riders to get more familiar with the brand and our award-winning motorcycles through real customer experiences, online trivia with user rewards, action-packed videos, an infographic featuring company “firsts” and other race wins.
Following are specs for the 2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC, which has a MSRP of $22,999.
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC Specs:
- Engine: Aprilia longitudinal 65° V-4 cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooling system, double overhead camshafts (DOHC), four valves per cylinder
- Fuel: Unleaded petrol
- Bore and stroke: 78 x 52.3 mm
- Total engine capacity: 999.6 cc
- Compression ratio: 13:1
- Maximum power at crankshaft: 180 HP (132.4 kW) at 12,250 rpm
- Maximum torque at crankshaft :115 Nm at 10,000 rpm
- Fuel system: Airbox with front dynamic air intakes. Variable length intake ducts controlled via ECU. 4 Weber-Marelli 48-mm throttle bodies with 8 injectors and latest generation Ride-by-Wire engine management.
- Choice of three different engine maps selectable by the rider with bike in motion: T (Track), S (Sport), R (Road)
- Ignition: Magneti Marelli digital electronic ignition system integrated in engine control system, with one spark plug per cylinder and “stick-coil”-type coils
- Starter: Electric
- Exhaust: system 4 into 2 into 1 layout, single oxygen sensor, lateral single silencer with engine control unit-controlled butterfly valve and integrated trivalent catalytic converter (Euro 3)
- Alternator: Flywheel mounted 420W alternator with rare earth magnets
- Lubrication Wet sump lubrication system with oil radiator and two oil pumps (lubrication and cooling)
- Transmission: 6-speed cassette type gearbox; Gear lever with Aprilia Quick Shift electronic system (AQS)
- Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch with mechanical slipper system
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears and integrated flexible coupling, drive ratio: 73/44 (1,659)
- Secondary drive Chain: Drive ratio: 42/16 (2.625)
- Traction management: APRC System (Aprilia Performance Ride Control), which includes Traction Control (ATC), Wheelie Control (AWC), Launch Control (ALC), all of which can be configured and deactivated independently.
- Chassis: Twin-spar adjustable aluminium frame, with castings and pressings; Öhlins adjustable steering damper
- Front suspension: Öhlins Racing upside-down fork, 43-mm stanchions (with Tin surface treatment). Low profile forged aluminium radial caliper mountings. Completely adjustable spring preload and hydraulic compression and rebound damping; Wheel travel: 120 mm
- Rear suspension: Double braced aluminium swingarm; mixed low thickness and sheet casting technology. Öhlins Racing mono-shock absorber with completely adjustable piggy-back in: spring preload, wheelbase, hydraulic compression and rebound damping. APS progressive linkage; Wheel travel 130mm
- Brakes Front: Dual 320-mm diameter floating stainless steel disc with lightweight stainless steel rotor and aluminium flange with 6 pins. Brembo monobloc radial callipers with 4 ?34-mm opposite. Sintered pads. Radial pump and metal braided brake hose
- Rear: 220-mm diameter disc; Brembo floating calliper with two ?32mm isolated pistons. Pump with integrated tank and metal braided hose
- Wheel rims: Aprilia forged aluminium alloy rims, completely machined, 5 split spokes.
- Front wheel: 3.5″X17″
- Rear wgheel: 6″X17″
- Tires: Radial tubeless.
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear tire: 200/55 ZR 17 (alternative: 190/50 ZR 17; 190/55 ZR 17)
- Max. length: 2040 mm
- Max. width: 735 mm (at the handlebar)
- Max. height: 1120 mm
- Min. height from the ground: 130 mm
- Saddle height: 845 mm
- Centre to centre distance: 1420 mm
- Trail: 105 mm
- Steering angle:24.5°
- Dry weight (without battery and fluids): 394 lbs.
- Tank: 4.5 gallons (1 gallon reserve included)