BMW GS Trophy: UK Qualifier This Weekend
2012 BMW Motorrad GS Trophy
There are still a few days left for GS owners to book their places for the BMW Motorrad GS Trophy UK Qualifier, which is being held alongside the BMW Show at the East of England Showground in Peterborough on 18-20 May 2012.
Both riders and their supporters are invited to join fellow GS owners for a weekend of activities and challenges which embody the ‘spirit of the GS’, from navigation and orienteering through to teamwork exercises and much, much more. In addition to being involved in the GS Trophy event, both riders and supporters will have full access to the BMF Show and all its attractions.
A team of judges and instructors, headed up by Dakar rider Simon Pavey will be on hand to offer advice and tips, ensuring riders from novice to expert will enjoy the experience – and be in with a chance to win a whole host of BMW-themed prizes.
As riders move through the stages of the competition, they will have the chance to win greater prizes, with the final three champions winning a place in Team UK for the International Final in South America.
Tony Jakeman (Marketing Manager for BMW Motorrad) says: “With just a few days left to go before the UK Qualifier kicks off, there’s a real sense of excitement. In 2010, GS riders from all over the country joined BMW Motorrad for a weekend of riding and entertainment at BMW Off Road Skills in Wales. After several days of challenging, we found three fantastic finalists who went on to represent Team UK in the International Final; going on to beat teams from 14 nations and take the title.
“This year we’re holding an even bigger competition, which is open to riders of all levels. We’ve ensured that everyone can get involved and have fun; but we will also find three of the country’s best GS riders to defend the GS Trophy title in South America in November.”
Riding activities will be taking place throughout the day, so when they’re not on the bike, riders and their supporters can relax and enjoy the entertainment and food on offer at the Show, or relax in the dedicated GS Trophy campsite. In addition to the GS Trophy presence, BMW Motorrad UK will have a fleet of motorcycles on hand for test rides available to visitors to the BMF Show. Riders can also opt to try out the amazing new Husqvarna Nuda 900R via the BMW Motorrad stand.
The GS Trophy UK Qualifier entrants will have the chance to show off their own GS motorcycle both in the campsite and during the road-based navigation and map-reading challenges, which will be taking place on the fantastic local riding roads.
Participants will also have the opportunity to ride a selection of BMW’s current motorcycles, including the new G 650 GS Sertão and the iconic R 1200 GS, during the off-road challenges.
GS owners can book places at the GS Trophy UK Qualifier on 18-20 May for £150, which includes a full weekend access ticket to the BMF Show (worth £42), access to the exclusive GS Trophy campsite, entry into the GS Trophy competition, use of BMW Motorrad’s motorcycles for the off-road sections and much more. Supporters can join in the fun with a GS Trophy Weekend Ticket for just £50, which includes Show access and camping.
To book, call 08000 131 282 or email email@example.com.
BMW GS Trophy UK Qualifier prizes:
- A one- or two-day riding course, courtesy of BMW Off Road Skills
- The next service for your BMW GS paid for by BMW Motorrad
- A choice of a BMW Motorrad helmet (AirFlow 2 / Enduro / System 6)
- 2x VIP tickets to British Superbikes & meet the Buildbase BMW Motorrad team
- A pair of BMW Motorrad gloves (Rallye 3 / All-Round 2)
- An award-winning BMW Phase Change Material Jacket
- A selection of T-shirts, hats and other clothing from the 2012 Style Collection
- A selection of BMW key-rings and wallets from the 2012 Style Collection
- In addition, every rider taking part and their supporters will receive a complimentary copy of the exclusive, money-can’t buy BMW Motorrad: Unstoppable book
- Youngest and oldest GS rider
- Most improved rider during the weekend
- Highest mileage GS
- Best modified GS
- Rider who most embodies the ‘Spirit of the GS’
- Furthest travelled to take part
- Best rider at each challenge or section
- All riders making it through to the final round
- Best team spirit shown by a rider