Everyone who has ever laid eyes on the Travertson V-Rex (solo seat) motorcycle knows what an eye-popping and revolutionary custom bike it is.
In the February/March 2008 issue of Ultimate MotorCycling, we test rode the incredible Travertson V-Rex custom motorcycle.
Associate Editor David Morris had this to say about it: "At 673 pounds, one imagines this long-wheelbase go-bot to be daunting, but Travert has worked magic with the chassis."
He continued: "With a low center of gravity, aided by a 2-into-1 cropped exhaust and load distributed to the extremities, the V-Rex feels light at rest."
Now, we have a first look at the successor, the V-Rex-2 (dual seat), which has a list of improvements including a new steel seat sub-frame, a new one-piece seat with a lower seat foam design for the driver, new under seat cover (chrome or painted), footrests for the passenger, a new license plate bracket, and new chrome or painted license plate older with LED tail/brake light.
"I wanted to show you our latest V-REX-2 Motorcycle," Christian Travert tells us. "It has acrylic wheels with neon/LED’s everywhere and responds to sound or music. This is our most unique V-REX."
Also, there are 26 options for the new twin-seat Travertson V-Rex-2:
- Digital Speedometer
- Metallic custom paint pearl – 2 Colors
- Ostrich leather seat
- Custom paint changing color over
- Paint rim with JAZ 12 + Logo on both sides on both wheels
- Custom clear Acrylic center wheel set
- iPhone / iPod Dock Station (used to recharge too)
- Chromed Gas tank strap
- Chromed wheel rim (set)
- Chromed Hub Caps (4)
- Chromed front & rear swing arms
- CD Player in the mask installed
- CD Player
- Engraved Logo On Chain Cover
- White LED around the mask face custom
- Xenon lights 2 large & 4 Krypton lights
- Swarovsky Crystal letters on strap Installed
- Red LED Turn signals
- Custom Gas Cap with engraved Logo
- Custom handgrip custom color (billet aluminum)
- Light around engine switching color
- Harley Davidson Alarm with key FOB
- Chrome custom logo on chain cover
- Mirrors with turn signals
- Miami Style Wheels
- Solo seat Ostrich (kit)
Of the original Travertson V-Rex, Travert said, "For me, above all, a motorcycle has to be easy to ride, without sacrificing performance, so I founded my own company."
One can expect the V-Rex-2 to be as accommodating to the rider and passenger as its predecessor.