The KTM Six Days models are always wonderful eye candy. The good news is that they’re also functionally different from the standard models, and the 2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days is no exception. While the standard 500 EXC-F is a great dual-sport bike, the Six Days has even more to offer—let’s go over those reasons.
- The 2022 KTM 500 EXC-F received updates this year, and the Six Days gets all of them. Find out more about the updates in our First Look story on the 2022 KTM dual-sport enduro lineup. We’ll concentrate on what differentiates the standard edition from the Six Days iteration from here on.
- A skid plate protects the engine on the Six Days, rather than frame rails alone.
- Braking is upgraded on the Six Days. The rear disc is solid for improved reliability, while the front disc floats. Additionally, there’s safety wire helping to secure the brake pedal.
- A front axle puller makes for faster wheel changes on the Six Days.
- The Six Days gets its own seat.
- Orange! The frame is painted orange, and the CNC-milled triple clamp is orange anodized. Oh, and let’s not forget the orange chain guide, which has black reinforcement.
- Logos! The exhaust, rims, and handlebar all get the KTM Six Days logo.
- Bold Six Days Graphics! As we mentioned earlier, the eye-candy aspect is undeniable.
Photography by Mitterbauer2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days Specs ENGINE
- We don’t have a price, but the 2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days will arrive in dealers this month.
- Type: Single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 511cc
- Bore x stroke: 95 x 72mm
- Valvetrain: SOHC; 4 valves
- Starting: Electric w/ lithium-ion 12-volt 2 Ah battery
- Lubrication: Pressure lubrication with 2 pumps
- Fueling: Keihin EFI w/ 42mm throttle body
- Transmission: Wide-ratio 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc DDS clutch w/ Brembo hydraulics
- Final drive: 5/8” x ¼” chain
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Frame: Central double-cradle chromoly steel
- Subframe: Aluminum
- Handlebar: Neken tapered aluminum
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable WP Xplor inverted 48mm fork; 11.8 inches
- Rear suspension: Linkage-free fully adjustable WP Xplor shock w/ PDS; 12.2 inches
- Rims: Giant
- Front wheel: 21 x 1.60
- Rear wheel: 18 x 2.15
- Tires: Continental Twinduro TKC 80
- Front tire: 90/90 x 21
- Rear tire: 120/90 x 18
- Front brake: 260mm Galfer Wave disc w/ Brembo caliper
- Rear brake: 220mm Galfer Wave disc w/ Brembo caliper
- ABS: None
2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days Price: $TBA MSRP
- Wheelbase: 58.3 inches
- Rake: 26.5 degrees
- Triple clamp offset: 22mm
- Seat height: 37.8 degrees
- Ground clearance: 14 inches
- Fuel capacity: 2.25 gallons
- Curb weight: 254 pounds