2017 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L
Featuring impressive off-road capabilities, the 2017 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L comes in two flavors—a manual clutch six speed, plus the high-tech DCT version that features an automatically shifting transmission.
While dirt riders make look askance at the DCT version, the auto-shifting is so refined that it is fully functional off-road. For the times when you want to shift the DCT manually, it can be done via two buttons on the left handlebar (though there is no clutch lever).
Featuring a 21-inch front wheel and 18-inch rear, the Africa Twin rolls over off-road obstacles like a dirt bike, with the invaluable help of outstanding Showa suspension with nearly nine inches of travel at each end.
The motor puts out nearly 100 horsepower, which is plenty for both street and dirt riding. This is a highly refined adventure motorcycle that is also capable of long-distance touring and rally-style off-roading. This year, many buyers will be thrilled to see the traditional White/Blue/Red HRC livery.
You will not handguards in some of the photos—they are optional.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2017 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L Specs
- Type: Parallel twin w/ 270-degree crank
- Displacement: 998cc
- Bore x stroke: 92 x 75mm
- Valve train: SOHC, 4vpc
- Compression ratio: 10:0:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Transmission: Manual six-speed w/ slipper-clutch, or DCT
- Final drive: O-ring sealed chain
- Frame: Steel, semi-double cradle
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable inverted 45mm Showa forks: 9.1 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Linkage -assisted fully adjustable Showa remote reservoir shock/8.7 inches of travel
- Front tire: 90/90-21; tube-type
- Rear tire: 150/70-18; tube-type
- Front brakes: 310mm floating discs w/ radially mounted four-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 256mm disc w/ two-piston caliper
- ABS: Two channel, with rear ABS off-switch, standard
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 62.0 inches
- Rake: 27.5 degrees
- Trail: 4.5 inches
- Seat height: 34.3 or 33.5 inches; adjustable
- Ground Clearance: 9.9 inches
- Curb weight: 512 pounds; 534 pounds (DCT)
- Fuel capacity: 5 gallons
2017 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L Colors:
- Candy Red (DCT only)
2017 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L Prices:
- MSRP TBA