2016 Star V Star 950 Tourer
With a claimed range of over 200 miles, the 2016 Star V Star 950 Tourer is a serious pavement pounder. Lighter, smaller, and less powerful than most cruising tourers, the air-cooled 57.5-cubic-inch machine is welcoming to newer riders looking to get on the open road.
The seat height of 26.6 inches is not intimidating, and disc brakes at both ends add to rider confidence. Forged pistons, four valves per cylinder, and ceramic-coated cylinders makes the most of the modest displacement.
This year, there is no standard V Star 950, so the Tourer’s backrest and windshield is quickly detached. They are locked into place when needed, but only require the ignition key to be set free.
Read our Star V Star 950 Tourer Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Star V Star 950 Tourer Specs:
- Engine: 58-cubic-inch (942cc) air-cooled SOHC
- V-twin; 8 valves
- Bore x stroke: 85 x 83mm
- Compression ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel delivery: Electronic fuel injection
- Ignition: Transistor dontrolled
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final drive: Belt
- Front suspension: Telescopic forks; 5.3 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Single shock; 4.3 inches of travel
- Front brake: 320mm hydraulic disc
- Rear brake: 298mm hydraulic disc
- Front tire: 130/70-18
- Rear tire: 170/70-16
- L x W x H: 95.9 x 39.4 x 52.8 inches
- Seat height: 26.6 inches
- Wheelbase: 66.3 inches
- Fuel capacity: 4.5 gallons
- EPA estimated fuel economy: 47 mpg
- Wet Weight: 657 lb
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2016 Star V Star 950 Tourer Color:
2016 Star V Star 950 Tourer Price:
- MSRP $9790
2016 Star V Star 950 Tourer Photo Gallery