2015 Suzuki GSX-S750
Suzuki’s wants a larger presence in the popular streetfighter class. And to accomplish this feat, Suzuki has released the new GSX-S series.
The lineup includes the GSX-S1000, which will arrive as an early 2016 release, and the bargain-priced 2015 GSX-S750 and GSX-S750Z, the “Z” signifying updated color choices. These motorcycles were unveiled during the Suzuki Dealer Meeting held this week in Las Vegas.
The upright naked GSX-S750 sport bike is powered by the potent 749cc inline-four featured Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve fuel injection. The engine was transplanted from the GSX-R750 sportbike.
The GSX-S’ powerplant was returned for optimal street power, receiving revised cam profiles and intake and exhaust tracts to boost low- and mid-range torque. Suzuki says the redesign provides “unmatched throttle response and intense acceleration.”
The GSX-S750 arrives with a combined tubular and twin-spar frame, 310mm front brakes and matte-silver painted handlebars. The bike’s instrument cluster uses an analog tach and a large digital LCD speedo. It’s packed with other informative readouts, and is adjustable for brightness.
Unlike the larger GSX-S1000, the GSX-S750 does not arrive with fancy electronics or ABS, which helps keep the price point around $8,000 – a bargain for a modern mid-weight streetfighter.
The 2015 Suzuki GSX-S750 is available in Metallic Matte Black, and GSX-S750Z in Metallic Triton Blue and Pearl Glacier White bodywork. This special “Z” package also includes gold-anodized outer fork tubes, red anodized fork adjuster bolts, a red shock spring and blue chain.
The GSX-S750 will be offered for $7,999, and the special GSX-S750Z for $8,149. Following are the main features and specs of the 2015 GSX-S750.
2015 Suzuki GSX-S750 Features:
- Powerful 749cc four-cylinder fuel-injected engine delivers powerful torque and strong acceleration
- Throttle bodies feature the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system for combustion efficiency, and better throttle response and torque at the low to mid rpm range
- Iridium type spark plugs provide a more condensed and hotter spark yet last longer
- Frame design combines the advantages of a compact tubular streetbike frame and a twin-spar sportbike frame
- Dual front brakes with floating 310mm discs and dual-piston calipers. 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper
- Carefully sculpted bodywork with highlights including a vented front fender, molded mirrors, chiseled fuel tank, textured tank side panels and an angular tail section with integrated LED taillight
- Distinctive triangle-shaped muffler with a form-fitting brushed stainless steel heat shield
- Brightness-controllable instrument cluster, featuring a prominent analog tachometer and a large, digital LCD speedometer readout. The LCD display also includes a gear-position indicator, coolant temperature gauge, fuel gauge, selectable odometer/dual-tripmeter/fuel consumption meter and a clock
- The GSX-S750Z features special color scheme of Mettalic Triton Blue / Pearl Glacier White, plus gold-anodized outer fork tubes, red anodized fork adjuster bolts, a red shock spring and blue drive chain.
2015 Suzuki GSX-S750 Specs:
- Engine Type: 4-stroke, Inline 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Engine Displacement: 749 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 72.0 mm x 46.0 mm
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Compression Ratio: 12.3 : 1
- Ignition Type: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Overall Length: 2115 mm (83.3 in)
- Overall Width: 785 mm (30.9 in)
- Overall Height: 1060 mm (41.7 in)
- Wheelbase: 1450 mm (57.1 in)
- Ground Clearance: 145 mm (5.7 in)
- Seat Height: 815 mm (32.1 in)
- Curb mass: 210kg (463 lbs)
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc, twin
- Brakes Rear: Disc
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank: 17.5 L (4.6 US gal)
- Color: GSX-S750Z, Metallic Triton Blue / Pearl Glacier White; GSX-S750, Metallic Matte Black