2013 Indian Chief Vintage Final Edition | Preview
Indian Releases the Final Chief
This week at the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, Calif., Indian Motorcycle debuted the 2013 Chief Vintage Final Edition.
And as the title implies, this will be the final version of Chief model. The American cruiser, which puts an end to the “Kings Mountain” assembly line era* of Indian Motorcycle, will be available in limited quantities, making it highly collectable.
Polaris says the announcement of the Chief Final Edition “marks the end of the Kings Mountain era of the Indian Chief, and signifies an important milestone in the 111-year storied history of the Indian Motorcycle brand. With a paint scheme emulating the iconic Indian Chief on display at the 1939 World’s Fair in New York, the stunning new collectible 2013 Indian Chief Vintage Final Edition is a fully accessorized motorcycle that befits its place in the history of motorcycling. The extremely limited number of these bikes available is sure to excite collectors and pave the way for the new era in Indian Motorcycle under the leadership of Polaris Industries.”
The Indian Chief Final Edition is powered by the PowerPlus 105 CI engine, and will be manufactured donning a numbered emblem on the frame to commemorate the brand’s 111-year historic achievements.
The bike will arrive in Indian Red and Thunder Black with Gold Pinstripe, and a host of classic-styled accessories, including auxiliary driving lamps, black leather solo seat with included detachable passenger seat, windshield, black leather saddlebags, chrome grab rail, leather fringe, engine guards and chrome fender tips.
Steve Menneto (Vice President of Motorcycles at Polaris Industries) says: “We are working hard designing and building the new Indian Motorcycle, but we knew it was important to honor and celebrate the long and proud heritage of Indian Motorcycle, and the Kings Mountain era played a key role in that continuing history.
“When we acquired the Indian Motorcycle brand in 2011, our strategy was to retain the existing design, quality and high level of detail for which Indian Motorcycle has always been known, while making significant detail improvements in order to satisfy the continued demand from Indian Motorcycle dealers. The Final Edition is an acknowledgment of our gratitude to the team at Kings Mountain for sustaining the Indian Motorcycle story and its heritage as America’s original motorcycle brand.”
The 2013 Indian Chief Vintage Final Edition is exclusively available for purchase in North America with a MSRP of $37,599 and $39,599 in Canada. Interested parties are encouraged to contact their local Indian Motorcycle dealer as soon as possible due to limited availability. Log on to indianmotorcycle.com for dealer and model information.
2013 Indian Chief Vintage Final Edition Specs:
- Engine type – POWERPLUS, Air-Cooled 45o V-Twin
- Displacement – 105 Cubic Inches
- Bore x Stroke – 3.966″ x 4.25″
- Compression – Ratio 9 to 1
- Fuel System – Closed Loop Sequential Port Fuel Injection with Heated Oxygen Sensors
- Primary Drive – Chain
- Final Drive – Belt
- Gear Box – Six speed
- Gear Ratio (overall) 1st – 3.77:1; 2nd – 2.56:1; 3rd – 1.87:1; 4th – 1.44:1; 5th – 1.15:1; 6th – 1:1
- Frame – High Tensile Steel
- Suspension/Front – Dia. 41 mm/Travel 4.25″
- Suspension/Rear – Single Shock/Travel 2.90″
- Brakes/Front – Dual Caliper Floating Rotors
- Brakes/Rear – Single Caliper Floating Rotor
- Tires/Front – 130/90-16 White Wall
- Tires/Rear 150/80B16 White Wall
- Wheels – Wire Spoked
- Exhaust system – Two-into-One Stainless Steel
- Fuel tank capacity – 5.5 gallons
- Length – 100.5″
- Width – 40.5″
- Height – 50.5″
- Seat Height – 27.25″
- Wheelbase – 68.4″
- Rake Steering Head/Trail – 34 degrees/5.92″
- Dry Weight – 753 lbs.
- Gross Vehicle Weight – 1220 lbs.
- Instruments – Analog Speedometer & Multifunction Digital Display
- Charging System – 42 amps
- Lamps – Teardrop Head Lamp, Fender Light
- Auxiliary Driving Lamps
- Solo Seat with Detachable Passenger Seat
- Vintage Leather Saddlebags
- Leather Fringe
- Chrome Grab Rail
- Engine Guards
- Chrome Fender Tips
*The Kings Mountain assembly line of North Carolina was transitioned to Polaris’ Spirit Lake, Iowa production facility in 2011. The line was transported and returned to full operation in an astounding eight weeks, and continued to produce new units for the Indian Motorcycle dealer base. The state-of-the-art Spirit Lake plant also manufactures Polaris Rangers and Victory Motorcycles, though each brand is built on its own dedicated assembly line.