Sturgis: Kentucky Headhunters to Easyriders
2012 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally: Easyriders Saloon Lineup
Grammy Award winning country rock band The Kentucky Headhunters have been added to the impressive roster of bands performing free concerts on the Easyriders stage during the 2012 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
Country legends The Kentucky Headhunters released their latest album, Dixie Lullabies, in 2011 to wide critical acclaim. Their style has been called “guitar – heavy rambunctious music,” and they are sure to put on a great show.
The Kentucky Headhunters will perform a free concert at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 8 at Easyriders Saloon and Steakhouse, Strugis S.D.
The Kentucky Headhunters add to an already impressive list of free entertainment for Easyriders patrons during Sturgis Rally Week.
Other announced acts include:
- Aultimate Ozzy: This Ozzy Osbourne cover band will have you in awe! If you love Black Sabbath and The Prince of Darkness, you do not want to miss this show! 4 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 2 and Saturday, Aug. 4
- Monsters of Southern Rock: Concert series featuring former and founding members of Lynyrd Skynyrd, .38 Special, Blackfoot, and Molly Hatchet! Playing all the hits that made them famous! 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 3 and Sunday, Aug. 5
- Shooter Jennings: Son of Country music legend Waylon Jennings, Shooter Jennings has garnered widespread critical acclaim for his Country and Southern rock albums. 7 p.m. Saturday, August 4
- Jasmine Cain: Sturgis native Jasmine Cain has paved a way for female rockers in the motorcycle culture. Current JPF Female Artist of the Year and Nashville’s Music City Mayhem two-time Female Rock Vocalist, she has set the standard and raised the bar. 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4 and Tuesday, Aug. 7
- Foghat: Blues Rock legends Foghat have achieved 8 gold records, one platinum and one double platinum record in their long-standing career. Their hits include “Slow Ride” and “I Just Want to Make Love to You.” 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5
- Warrant’s Cherry Pie Tour: Warrant, Firehouse and Trixter. Rockaholics unite! The 21st Anniversary tour of the Warrant’s Cherry Pie tour is hitting Sturgis with a FREE concert at Easyriders Saloon and Steakhouse featuring rock legends Warrant, Firehouse and Trixter! 7 p.m.Monday, Aug. 6
- Blackberry Smoke: With influences that run the gamut from country to bluegrass to metal to gospel and yes, southern rock, Blackberry Smoke is more than the sum of its diverse parts. This is truly a band you have to see to believe, their live performances have garnered them a cult-like following around the world. 4 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 7, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 8
- Blue Oyster Cult: Best known for such classic rock songs as “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper”, “Burnin’ for You”, and “Godzilla,” Blue Oyster Cult has sold over 24 million albums worldwide, including 7 million in the United States alone. 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 7
Max Fights LIVE MMA: Come see the region’s top Mixed Martial Arts fighters compete. 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 8 and Thursday, Aug. 9
- Rev. Horton Heat: The Rev. Horton Heat’s music is a mixture of country, surf, punk, big band, swing and rockabilly, all played loud and energetically with lyrics that are often very humorous. 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10 and Saturday, Aug. 11
- Gilby Clarke: Yes, Gilby Clarke was in Guns N’ Roses. But he also has played guitar for the MC5, Nancy Sinatra and Heart, along with a host of producing creds. You may have seen him on CBS’s Rockstar: Supernova, where he, Tommy Lee and Jason Newstead started a band. Gilby is a legendary guitar hero and sure to put on a great show! 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10 and Saturday, Aug. 11
The legendary biker mecca of Sturgis, South Dakota comes alive during the summer at the Easyriders Saloon and Steakhouse. Boasting more than 25,000 square feet of raucous entertainment space, three floors including a VIP room, hard core drinks, kick ass sounds, the hottest free concerts during the 2012 Sturgis motorcycle rally, and of course – beautiful women, it’s everything you expect from Easyriders.
For additional information, log onto Easyriders Saloon’s website.Google+