2012 AMA International Women & Motorcycling ConferenceThe American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) has announced the first group of seminar offerings at the 2012 AMA International Women & Motorcycling Conference. The conference will take place July 26-29 in Carson City, Nev.
In keeping with the conference theme of "Ride Well," the seminar lineup includes topics that promote safety, health, awareness and preparation. Tigra Tsujikawa (Event Organizer) says: "We are thrilled to announce the first part of our exciting seminar lineup. Seminars are always one of the most popular activities at the AMA International Woman & Motorcycling Conference, and the women conducting these seminars all have a true passion for sharing their expertise." The seminars include:
- Get involved: How You Can Protect Your Rights To Ride And Race. Hosted by Jessica Irving, AMA grassroots coordinator, and 2011 AMA Motorcyclist of the Year Nancy Sabater.
- Women In The Business Of Motorcycling. Hosted by Jenny Lefferts, president and founder of MAD Maps.
- The Best of Motorcycling Tips, Tricks and Techniques. Hosted by Diane Ortiz, president of the Big Apple Motorcycle School.
- The History of Women in Motorcycling, and Women of the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame. Hosted by author and Hall of Fame member Cris Sommer-Simmons.
- How to Pack & Eat Healthy for the On-the-Road Motorcyclist. Hosted by health and fitness consultant Debbie Voss.
- The Power of PINK: Aligning Power, Integrity, Negotiation & Knowledge. Hosted by personal growth and performance consultant Eldonna Fernandez.
- In addition to the seminar lineup, the 2012 AMA International Women & Motorcycling Conference will also feature a health fair, where women can get a variety of health screenings such as mammograms and cholesterol and blood pressure checks. Conference participants will also have the opportunity to donate blood.