2012 MV Agusta Motorcycle
Naked has never been so sexy. This statement couldn’t be truer when discussing the new motorcycle added to MV Agusta’s 2012 lineup – the Brutale 1090 R.
From the curvy lines of the trellis frame to the smooth single-sided swingarm to the beautifully stacked exhaust out back, the Brutale R 1090 screams undeniable MV Agusta styling.
The older brother of the Brutale 920, the 1090 R features a 1078-cc inline four with radial intake and exhaust valves, the largest displacement engine ever built by MV Agusta. And with this large displacement arrives large horsepower; wrist twisted, the Brutale R 1090 breathes 144 horsepower at 10,300 rpm, and 83 ft. lbs. of torque @ 8100 rpm.
Wanting to keep this horsepower to the ground, MV Agusta has added eight levels of traction control, and an ECU mapped specifically for the raw power of the Brutale 1090 R.
Regarding the suspension, MV Agusta says “the frame is a mix of steel and aluminum mated to a Marzocchi 50mm USD front fork and a Sachs rear shock, both with valving specific to the Brutale R 1090 capable of taming the most torturous roads and demanding race tracks.”
This is all laid to the ground through a monster 190/55 ZR17 rear tire that guarantees “optimal grip, even during the most extreme conditions.”
Wanting utmost comfort for not only the rider but also the passenger, MV Agusta designed the one-piece seat with increased dimensions over the Brutale 920; ergonomics were also improved on the bigger Brutale 1090 R.
Available in dealers by the end of September, 2011, the Brutale R 1090 will be available in three different color schemes: white, red and black, with a MSRP around $19,000.
2012 MV Agusta Brutale R 1090 Specs:
- Type: Four cylinder, 4 stroke, 16 valve “D.O.H.C”, radial valve
- Timing system: Electric
- Total displacement: 1078 cm3 (65.78 cu. in.)
- Compression ratio: 13:1
- Starting : Electric
- Bore x stroke: 79.0 mm x 55,0 mm (3.1 in. x 2.2 in.)
- Cooling system: Cooling with separated liquid and oil radiators
management system: Magneti Marelli IAW 5SM ignition – injection
integrated system with Mikuni throttle body; induction discharge
electronic ignition; sequential timed “Multipoint” electronic injection
- Clutch: Wet, multi – disc
Max. horse power -r.p.m. (at the crankshaft)
- Full power version: 106 kW (144,2 HP) at 10300 r.p.m. Lim. 11600
- Restricted power version: r.p.m. 73 kW (99 HP) at 8500 r.p.m. Lim. 10750 r.p.m.
Max. torque – r.p.m.
- Full power version: 112 Nm (11.4 kgm) at 8100 r.p.m.
- Restricted power version: 103 Nm (10.5 kgm) at 5500 r.p.m.
- Full power version 265 km/h (164.5 mph) Restricted power version 245 km/h (152 mph)
- Cassette gearbox; six speed, constant mesh
- Primary drive Gear ratio (full power version): 50/79
- First gear: Speed* 13/38 / 109.7 km/h (68.1 mph) at 11,600 RPM
- Second gear: Speed* 16/34 / 150.8 km/h (93.6 mph) at 11600 r.p.m
- Third gear: Speed* 18/32/ 180.3 km/h (111.9 mph) at 11600 r.p.m.
- Fourth gear: Speed* 20/30 / 213.7 km/h (132.7 mph) at 11600 r.p.m.
- Fifth gear: Speed* 22/29/ 243.2 km/h (151.0 mph) at 11600 r.p.m.
- Sixth gear: Speed* 19/23 /265.0 km/h (164.5 mph) at 11600 r.p.m.
Dimensions and Weight:
- Wheelbase: 1430 mm (56.30 in.)
- Overall length: 2045 mm (80.51 in.)
- Overall width: 775 mm (30.51 in.)
- Saddle height: 830 mm (32.68 in.)
- Min. ground clearance: 150 mm (5.91 in.)
- Trail: 103.5 mm (4.07 in.)
- Dry weight: 190 Kg (418.9 lbs)
- Fuel tank capacity: 23 l (6.07 U.S. gal.)
- Frame: AIS Steel tubular trellis (MAG welded)
- Front Suspension: “UPSIDE – DOWN” telescopic hydraulic fork with external and separated adjustment of rebound and compression damping and of spring preload
- 50 mm (1.97 in.) 120 mm (4.72 in.)
- Rear Suspension: Progressive, single shock absorber with rebound damping and spring preload adjustment; single-sided swingarm made of aluminum alloy
- Front: Double floating disc (310mm) with steel braking band and steel flange and four-piston calipers
- Rear: Single steel disc (210 mm) with 4 pistons calipers
- Front: Aluminum alloy 3.50″ x 17″
- Rear: Aluminum alloy 6.00″ x 17″
- 120/70 – ZR 17 M/C (58 W)
- 190/55 – ZR 17 M/C (75 W)