The 2022 Husqvarna FS 450 is here with just a single update from last year, not counting the new colors. The Brembo hydraulic system for the Suter slipper clutch is all-new. That’s not a big surprise, as there’s not much competition in the 450cc supermoto class. So, let’s go over some of the highlights of this pure-race motorcycle:
- The 63-horsepower motor weighs just 60 pounds. Overall weight of the FS 450 with the 1.85-gallon tank filled with high-test is 238 pounds.
- Fully adjustable WP Xact suspension units are used at both ends. The fork uses an air-spring, while the shock gets help from a linkage system.
- The Alpina wire-spoke wheels are the same unusual configuration and are shod with Bridgestone slicks. The front rim is a 16.5-inch hoop, while a more familiar 17-inch rim is used in the rear.
- The chromoly frame has a polyamide/carbon-fiber subframe.
- There are plenty of technical accessories, including an Akropovič Slip-on Line muffler, Factory Racing rear brake caliper, Hinson outer clutch cover, and upgraded seat.
We don’t have a price yet for the 2022 Husqvarna FS 450, and we can’t tell you when it will be in dealerships.
2022 Husqvarna FS 450 Specs
- Type: Single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 450cc
- Bore x stroke: 95 x 63.4 mm
- Maximum power: 63 horsepower
- Compression ratio: 12.75:1
- Valvetrain: SOHC, 4 valves
- Fuel System: Keihin EFI w/ 44 mm throttle body
- Starting: Electric
- Lubrication: Pressure lubrication w/ 2 oil pumps
- Transmission: Pankl Racing Systems 5-speed
- Clutch: Suter slipper clutch w/ Brembo hydraulics
- Frame: Central double-cradle chromoly steel
- Subframe: Carbon-fiber/polyamide
- Handlebar: ProTaper
- Front suspension; travel: Fully adjustable WP Xact inverted 48mm air-spring fork; 11.2 inches
- Rear Suspension: Linkage-assisted WP Xact shock; 10.5 inches
- Wheels: Wire-spoke Alpina
- Front tire: 125/60 x 16.5; Bridgestone Battlax Supermoto
- Rear tire: 165/65 x 17; Bridgestone Battlax Racing
- Front brake: 310mm disc w/ 4-piston radially mounted Brembo caliper
- Rear brake: 220mm disc w/ Brembo hydraulics
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 58.5 inches
- Rake: 26.1 degrees
- Triple clamp offset: 16mm
- Seat height: 35.0 inches
- Fuel capacity: 1.85 gallons
- Curb weight: 238 pounds
2022 Husqvarna FS 450 Price: $TBA MSRP