2016 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
Honda’s largest adventure bike ever, the 2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin has a technology we haven’t seen yet in the genre–an optional Dual Clutch Transmission that allows for completely automatic operation.
Along with that innovation, the Africa Twin features fully adjustable Showa suspension (over nine inches of travel in the front, and a tad less in the rear). To show it’s serious about off-road riding, the Africa Twin has a 21-inch front wheel and 18-inch rear, with the tube-tires mounted on laced rims. The seat height has two positions for customized ergonomics, and extra attention has been lavished on mass centralization.
For more, visit Honda Africa Twin.
2016 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L Specs:
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, 8-valve parallel twin with 270° crank and Unicam
- Displacement: 998cc
- Bore x stroke: 92.0 x 75.1 mm
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate with coil springs, aluminum cam assist and slipper clutch
- Final drive: O-ring sealed chain
- Transmission: Constant mesh 6-speed manual, or optional 6-speed DCT with on- and off-road riding modes
Honda Selectable Torque Control System (HSTC): HSTC 3-levels + switch-off (DCT/ABS model only, not on STD model)
- Frame: Steel semi-double cradle type with high-tensile strength steel rear sub-frame
ABS system: ABS 2-channel with rear ABS off switch (DCT/ABS model only, not on STD model)
- Front brakes: 310mm dual wave floating hydraulic disc with aluminum hub and radial-mount four-piston calipers and sintered metal pads
- Rear brake: 256mm wave hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper and sintered metal pads.
- Wheels: Wire spoke with aluminum rim
- Front tire: 90/90-R21 tube type
- Rear tire: 150/70-R18 tube type
- Length x width x height: 91.9 x 34.4 x 58.1 inches (standard), 91.9 x 36.6 x 58.1 inches (DCT)
- Fuel capacity: 5.0 gallons
- Wheelbase: 62.0 inches
- Seat height (standard position / low position): 34.3/33.5 inches
- Ground clearance: 9.8 inches
- Curb weight: 503 pounds (standard); 534 pounds (DCT)
2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Price (MSRP):
- $12,999 (standard); $13,699 (DCT)
2016 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L Photo Gallery: