2014 Honda CRF125F/CRF125FB Preview
Last year, Honda replaced its CRF70F, the popular entry-level enduro, with the larger CRF110F. Continuing on this trend, Honda has pulled the covers off its newest creation – the 2014 CRF125F.
The new model replaces the CRF80F and the CRF100F, and is available in two versions to accommodate different sized riders – the CRF125F and the CRF125FB (Big Wheel).
The CRF125F features a 28.9-inch seat height, the same height as the CRF80F it replaces. The CRF125FB Big Wheel features a 30.9-inch seat height, the same height as the CRF100F it replaces.
Both new models feature the 125cc single-cylinder OHC four-stroke engine, which is feed through a 20mm piston-valve carburetor. And unlike the kickstart on the CRF80F and the CRF100F, the new CRF125F models feature an electric start.
Like the motorcycles it replaces, the CRF125F models feature a four-speed gearbox matched to the broad torque band of the motor. The new bike also receives some revamped suspension components, including a 31mm front fork and Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension.
The 2014 Honda CRF125F will be available for $2799, and the CRF125FB Big Wheel for $3199.
Following are the features and specs of the 2014 Honda CRF125F/CRF125FB.
2014 Honda CRF125F / CRF125FB Features:
- The CRF125F replaces the CRF80F and shares the same seat height of 28.9 inches, while the CRF125F Big Wheel replaces the CRF100F and offers the same 30.9-inch seat height.
- With two models to choose from, the CRF125F/FB can be sized appropriately to fit riders of varying heights.
- The 125cc SOHC engine is tuned for strong bottom-end torque that builds in a linear fashion through the midrange up to the top end.
- The four-speed gearbox is well matched to the CRF125F/FB’s broad power spread.
- New electric starter adds convenience over the kick-start only CRF80F and CRF100F models.
- 31mm fork provides enhanced front suspension action.
- Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension features a more sophisticated rear shock for better, more consistent rear suspension action.
- New hydraulic front disc brake with 220mm rotor and 95mm rear drum brake provide strong stopping power.
- Front brake lever is adjustable to suit the rider’s hand size.
- Styling follows that of the race-winning CRF250R and CRF450R.
2014 Honda CRF125F / CRF125FB Specs:
- Engine Type: 124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 52.4mm x 57.9mm
- Compression ratio: 9.0:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
- Induction: 20mm piston-valve carburetor
- Ignition: DC-CDI
- Transmission: Four-speed
- Final Drive: 13T/46T (CRF125F) / 13T/49T (CRF125FB)
- Suspension Front: 31mm leading-axle fork; 5.5 inches travel (CRF125F) / 5.9 inches travel (CRF125FB)
- Suspension Rear: Pro-Link single shock; 4.5 inches travel (CRF125F) / 5.9 inches travel (CRF125FB)
- Brakes: Front: 220mm hydraulic disc; Rear: Drum
- Tires: Front: 70/100-17 (CRF125F) / 70/100-19 (CRF125FB); Rear: 90/100-14 (CRF125F) / 90/100-16 (CRF125FB)
- Wheelbase: 48.0 inches (CRF125F) / 49.4 inches (CRF125FB)
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25°30′ (CRF125F) / 27°30′ (CRF125FB)
- Trail: 81mm (3.2 inches) (CRF125F) / 94mm (3.7 inches) (CRF125FB)
- Seat Height: 28.9 inches (CRF125F) / 30.9 inches (CRF125FB)
- Ground Clearance: 8.5 inches (CRF125F) / 10.4 inches (CRF125FB)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.1 gallons, including 0.2-gallon reserve
- Color: Red
- Curb Weight*: 192 pounds (CRF125F) / 194 pounds (CRF125FB)
- Price/MSRP: $2799 (CRF125F) / $3199 (CRF125FB)