2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Granturismo
This is the tagline Ducati uses when marketing its Ducati Multistrada 1200, a four-in-one motorcycle.
When it arrived on the market in 2010, the Multistrada 1200 was an immediate hit for those seeking long-distance touring, sport touring and adventure both on and off the road.
Why? The bike combined upright-positioning comfort with the performance Ducati is known for, the Multi arriving with 150 horsepower. It also featured the latest in technology, including four riding modes – Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro, among others.
And for 2013, Ducati is offering the Multistrada in four versions – the standard, the S Touring, the S Pikes Peak, and the newest addition – the S Granturismo.
The Granturismo is based on the S Touring model, but features a host of upgrades for the journey-minded rider. Some of these upgrades include additional luggage space, comfort, and lighting.
Following is a list of enhancements and the specs for the 2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Granturismo; all the studio images are attached above. For a preview of the entire 2013 Ducati Multistrada lineup, click here.
2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Granturismo Highlights:
- Second generation Testastretta 11° DS engine
- Latest Bosch ABS 9ME anti-lock braking system
- New 1199 Panigale wheel styles
- New headlight with LED low-beam illumination
- Hazard lights
- Larger screen with easy, pinch-and-slide adjustment
- Larger cockpit stowage with easy push-push lid latch
- Aesthetic enhancements (Front fairing, headlight, screen)
- Progressive spring (rear suspension)
- New colors
- Sachs electronic suspension front and rear
- Ducati Skyhook Suspension System (DSS)
- Extended screen
- Larger side luggage
- Top case
- Internal soft bags for luggage
- Pirelli Angel GT tires
- 20mm higher handlebars
- Ducati Performance Comfort Seat
- LED spot lights
- Engine crash-bars
2013 Multistrada 1200 S Granturismo Specs:
- Type: L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, Dual Spark, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1198.4cc
- Bore X Stroke: 106×67.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Power: 150hp – 110.3kw @ 9250rpm
- Torque: 87.5lb-ft 118.7Nm @7500rpm
- Fuel injection: Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system, Mikuni elliptical throttle bodies
- Exhaust: Stainless steel muffler with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, aluminum tail pipes
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary Drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.84:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
- Final drive: Chain 5.30″; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 40
- Clutch: Light action, wet, multiplate clutch with hydraulic control. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
- Maintenance service intervals: 7,500 miles
- Valve clearance check: 15,000 miles
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front suspension: Sachs 48mm fully adjustable usd forks. Electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment with Ducati Skyhook Suspension
- Front wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x 17
- Front tire: Pirelli Angel GT 120/70 17”
- Rear suspension: Electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment. Electronic spring pre-load adjustment with DSS Aluminium single-sided swingarm.
- Rear wheel: 10-spoke light alloy 6.00 x 17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Angel GT 190/55 17”
- Front wheel travel: 170mm (6.7in)
- Rear wheel travel: 170mm (6.7in)
- Front brake: 2 x 320mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo callipers, 4-piston, 2-pad. ABS as standard equipment
- Rear brake: 245mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- Instrumentation: Multifunction digital dashboard of two displays with white backlight. Main LCD display: odometer (total, trip 1 and trip2), speedometer, rev counter, clock, gear indicator, coolant temperature; fuel level. Circular LCD dot-matrix display: trip computer (riding style set-up, active riding parameters, remaining fuel/distance, current fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, average speed, air temperature, trip time), maintenance intervals indicator (Km), signaling alarms and errors detection (diagnosis), setup menu and customization functions. Interface for the management of Riding Modes (control power curve and throttle response, traction control, ABS, DSS). “Parking” and “Steering lock” indicators. Activation and adjustment heated-grips control function (Touring and Granturismo versions only). Lights: oil pressure, neutral N, fuel warning, turn signal, EOBD (diagnosis), high beam, DTC intervention (Traction Control) and deterrent immobilizer (in Key-Off). Headlight control: auto switching-off during engine start, auto turning-off after 60 seconds from Key-On without starting the engine. The key management of the various function menus are integrated in the left and right switch controls.
Dimensions and weight
- Dry weight: 217kg (478lb)
- Wet weight: 234kg (516lb)
- Seat height: 850mm (33.5in)
- Wheelbase: 1530mm (60.2in)
- Rake: 25°
- Trail: 110mm (4.33in)
- Fuel tank capacity: 20l – 5.3 gallon (US)
- DSS Ducati Skyhook Suspension,DSP Ducati Safety Pack ( ABS 9ME + DTC),Riding modes, Power modes, RbW, 73 litre side luggage, 48 litre top case, heated grips, centre stand, spot lights, engine protection bars