2012 KTM Motorcycle
For 2012, KTM returns with their versatile 690 Enduro R, the engine now a full 690cc due to a longer stroke.
With this increased cc arrives a bit of extra power; the 2012 KTM 690 Enduro R now produces 68 horsepower at 7500 rpm and 50.1 ft. lbs. of torque at 6000 rpm.
The KTM 690 Enduro R’s iquid-cooled, LC4 single-cylinder engine was designed for low rpm acceleration and free-revving. This single, which now has extended service intervals of over 6200 miles, also features a balancer shaft to reduce vibration and an anti-hopping clutch to prevent rear-wheel chatter.
The 690 Enduro R’s electronic engine management system features three different mappings for different riding scenarios, and "electronic power throttle" that "ensures that the throttle commands from the rider are translated electronically into the optimum throttle valve opening at all times, which gives rise to tremendously progressive power development."
To offer stability on and off the road, the KTM 690 Enduro R features a lightweight tubular space frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel and the high-quality die-cast swingarm. The bike features UP inverted 48 mm forks up front that provide 9.8 inches of travel, and a pivot-arm articulated WP pressurized-gas monoshock out back that also features 9.8 inches of travel.
The 2012 KTM 690 Enduro R’s stopping power arrives from Brembo brakes – A 300mm disc up front squeezed by A two-piston caliper, and a single 240mm disc out back squeezed by a single-piston caliper.
Regarding ergonomics and comfort, the seat has been lowered to 35.8 inches. The 2012 KTM 690 Enduro R also features a new tank spoiler, front mask and improved headlight.
The KTM 690 Enduro R – an all-around motorcycle that’s equally happy in urban or rural situations. The machine sticks to the Austrian’s "Ready to Race" format, but provides a rider with an all-around capable machine for the real-world streets.
Following are the specs for the 2012 KTM 690 Enduro R; as of this writing, the MSRP was not reported, but expect it to go for around $10,300.
2012 KTM 690 Enduro R Specs:
- Engine type: Single cylinder, 4-stroke
- Displacement: 690 cc
- Bore/strok3: 102/84.5 mm
- Power: 68hp @ 7500 rpm
- Torque: 50.1 lb-ft @ 6000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Starter/battery: Electric starter/12V 8.6Ah
- Transmission: 6 gears
- Fuel system: Keihin EFI with EPT (Electr. Power Throttle)
- Control: 4 V/OHC with roller rocker levers
- Lubrication : Pressure lubrication with 2 Eaton pumps
- Engine oil: Motorex, SAE 10W-60
- Primary drive: 36:79
- Final drive: 15:45
- Cooling: Liquid cooling
- Clutch: APTCTM slipper clutch, hydraulically operated
- Engine management/ignition: Keihin EMS
- Frame: Chromium-Molybdenum trellis frame, powder coated
- Subframe: Self-supporting plastic tank
- Handlebar: Aluminum, tapered, 28/22 mm
- Front suspension: WP-USD 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP-Monoshock with Pro-Lever linkage
- Suspension travel front/rear: 250/250 mm
- Front brake: Brembo two piston, floating caliper, brake disc 300 mm
- Rear brake: Brembo single piston, floating caliper, brake disc 240 mm
- Wheels front/rear: Spoked wheels with aluminum rims 1.85 x 21”; 2.50 x 18”
- Tires front/rear: 90/90-21"; 140/80-18"
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"
- Silencer: Stainless steel silencer with regulated catalytic converter
- Steering head angle: 27°
- Wheel base: 1,504 ± 15 mm
- Ground clearance: 280 mm/11"
- Seat height: 910 mm/35.8"
- Tank capacity: approx. 12L/3.17gal – 2.5L/0.66gal reserve
- Weight (ready to race): approx. 138.5 kg/305lbs (without fuel)
- MSRP: TBA