For those who need that extra push while backing up either a heavy Harley-Davidson, or one with a Motor Trike kit or sidecar, there’s something new available from Motor Trike, Inc.The third product launch this quarter, Motor Trike has released a new Mechanical Reverse Gear, which makes parking these heavy motorcycles easier than ever before.The reverse can be used on two-wheel motorcycles, trikes, or sidecars. But unlike other reverse gears on the market, this product is unique; the Motor Trike reverse offers an electronic kill switch to prevent transmission damage. If the reverse and the transmission are engaged in gear at the same time, the kill switch will stall the engine.The Company is currently taking orders at a price of $1,395.00 for a bike with a standard clutch or $1,495.00 for a hydraulic clutch. The Motor Trike Mechanical Reverse will be available for shipment on December 12.Harley-Davidson Motor Trike Mechanical Reverse Features:
- Motor Trike’s Mechanical Reverse makes parking anywhere possible.
- Easy to use with step-by-step instructions included.
- Equipped with an electronic kill switch to protect the motorcycle from damage. If the reverse and the transmission are simultaneously engaged in gear at the same time, the kill switch will stall the engine.
- Can be used on motorcycles, trikes, or sidecars.
- There is no modification needed to the exhaust.
- Does not affect any of the forward gears.
- The reverse is clutch operated eliminating any strain on the electrical system.
- All specialty installation tools are included at no additional charge. • Uses a low-gear ratio to ease you back smoothly.
- Custom engineered in-house and made in the USA.
- Electronic warranty registration process, no paperwork necessary.
- Includes a one year unlimited mile parts only warranty.
- 1999 – 2006 Five-Speed Standard or Hydraulic Clutch
- 2007 – 2008 Six-Speed Standard or Hydraulic Clutch
- 2009 & Up Six-Speed Standard or Hydraulic Clutch