2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout and Breakout 114
The 2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout is re-imagined this year by The Motor Company, without changing the Breakout’s mission statement. Along with a choice of two new engines—the Milwaukee-Eight 107 and 114—the Breakout also gets the new Softail chassis.
That means a Showa Dual Bending Valve fork, along with the new under-seat shock. Further, the 2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout also gets a smaller fuel tank, giving the pro-street style cruiser motorcycle a sleeker look.=
While some may complain about the reduced range with the 3.5-gallon tank, the Breakout is not about riding long distances. This is a drag-style motorcycle that lays down a thick strip of rubber from its 240mm Michelin Scorcher 11 rear tire.
The Milwaukee-Eight 114 motor is good for 119 ft/lbs at 3000 rpm, with the 107’s deliver down just 10 ft/lbs. With a 21-inch front wheel and the big 240 on an 18-inch wheel, the 2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout is a straight-line motorcycle that looks great while going fast between stoplights.
As a bonus, there’s a 115th Anniversary version of the 2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout 114, if you want something special.
Read our Harley-Davidson Breakout Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
For specs and a photo gallery, click to page 2
2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout (and Breakout 114) Specs:
- Type: Milwaukee-Eight 107 V-twin (Milwaukee Eight 114 V-twin)
- Displacement: 107ci (114ci)
- Bore x stroke: 3.937” x 4.374” (4.016” x 4.5”)
- Maximum torque: 109 ft/lbs @ 3000 rpm (119 ft/lbs @ 3000 rpm)
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1
- Valve train: Single-cam; 4 vpc
- Exhaust: 2-into-2; catalyst in muffler
- Cooling: Air and oil
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: Chain
- Final drive: Belt
- Front suspension: Non-adjustable Showa Dual Bending Valve fork
- Rear suspension: Spring-preload adjustable shock
- Wheels: Gasser II cast aluminum
- Front tire: 130/60-21; Harley-Davidson Michelin Scorcher 11
- Rear tire: 240/40-18; Harley-Davidson Michelin Scorcher 11
- Front brakes: Disc w/ fixed 4-piston caliper
- Rear brake: Disc w/ floating 2-piston caliper
- ABS: Standard
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 66.7 inches
- Rake: 34 degrees
- Trail: 5.7 inches
- Seat height: 26.2 inches
- Fuel capacity: 3.5 gallons
- Estimated fuel consumption: 47 mpg
- Curb weight: 672 pounds
2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout Colors/Prices:
- Vivid Black: $18,999 MSRP
- Black Tempest; Twisted Cherry; Silver Fortune: $19,399 MSRP
2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout 114 Colors/Prices:
- Vivid Black: $20,299 MSRP
- Black Tempest: Twisted Cherry; Silver Fortune: $20,699
- 115th Anniversary Legend Blue Denim: $21,199