2014 Valencia Moto3 Results
Spoiler Alert: 2014 Moto3 Championship results from the season finale at Valencia listed below.
Who would be the Moto3 World Champion going into the final round at the Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana in Valencia, Spain, was an open question with Alex Marquez (Estrella Galicia 0,0) holding an 11-point lead over Australian Red Bull KTM Ajo rider, Jack Miller.
Miller was bringing the heat in recent rounds closing the points gap with every event, but it proved not to be enough as Marquez – the younger brother of MotoGP Champion Marc Marquez – hung on to win the Moto3 World Championship by just two points over Miller.
In the final round, however, it wasn’t a direct Marquez vs. Miller duel that settled the matter; it was Marquez holding off fourth place Danny Kent (GBR Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo) to finish on the podium behind Miller, who took the win and Isaac Viñales (Calvo Team), who took second.
In winning the Moto3 World Championship, Alex Marquez made himself and his brother Marc who is the 2014 MotoGP World Champion the first brothers to ever win simultaneous World Championships in Grand Prix racing history.
Miller did everything he had to do to have a shot at overtaking Marquez to take the title—that being pulling off his sixth victory of the season, but it was not to be as long as Marquez was able to finish on the podium.
Marquez’s teammate, Alex Rins (Estrella Galicia 0,0) finished fifth and Efren Vazquez (SaxoPrint-RTG) took sixth. Niccolo Antonelli (Junior Team GO&FUN), Miguel Oliveira (Mahindra Racing), Brad Binder (Ambrogio Racing) and Karel Hanika (Red Bull KTM Ajo) rounded out the top ten.
Albert Arenas (Calvo Team) crashed in the early going, but remounted and finished 28th. Gabriel Rodrigo (RBA Racing Team) crashed out at lap 23 and required medical attention.
Scott Deroue (RW Racing GP) dropped out after 16 laps with a technical issue, while Jules Danilo (Ambrogio Racing) crashed out after 17 laps.
Jorge Navarro (Marc VDS Racing Team) and Niklas Ajo (Avant Tecno Husqvarna Ajo) also both crashed out.
2014 Valencia Moto3 Results:
1. 25 8 Jack MILLER AUS Red Bull KTM Ajo KTM 143.5 40’10.983
2. 20 32 Isaac VIÑALES SPA Calvo Team KTM 143.5 +0.155
3. 16 12 Alex MARQUEZ SPA Estrella Galicia 0,0 Honda 143.4 +0.955
4. 13 52 Danny KENT GBR Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo Husqvarna 143.4 +1.572
5. 11 42 Alex RINS SPA Estrella Galicia 0,0 Honda 143.3 +2.251
6. 10 7 Efren VAZQUEZ SPA SaxoPrint-RTG Honda 143.3 +2.508
7. 9 23 Niccolò ANTONELLI ITA Junior Team GO&FUN Moto3 KTM 143.3 +3.620
8. 8 44 Miguel OLIVEIRA POR Mahindra Racing Mahindra 143.2 +4.216
9. 7 41 Brad BINDER RSA Ambrogio Racing Mahindra 143.2 +4.248
10. 6 98 Karel HANIKA CZE Red Bull KTM Ajo KTM 143.2 +4.363
11. 5 33 Enea BASTIANINI ITA Junior Team GO&FUN Moto3 KTM 143.1 +5.462
12. 4 10 Alexis MASBOU FRA Ongetta-Rivacold Honda 143.1 +5.780
13. 3 84 Jakub KORNFEIL CZE Calvo Team KTM 143.1 +5.959
14. 2 5 Romano FENATI ITA SKY Racing Team VR46 KTM 143.1 +6.209
15. 1 58 Juanfran GUEVARA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3 Kalex KTM 143.1 +6.726